Thread: My new ride

My new ride

Hey ya'll, hope everyone is doing well. I sold the buell a while back as most of you know, but couldn't stand to not have a fun ride. I bought this a few weeks ago (my high school dream car). I got a really good deal and the car has a lot of modifications. It's not 100% perfect but is in great shape, especially for a 12 year old car. I've been driving it here and there until I can get a few kinks worked out (needs a brake line replaced as it's almost rubbed through(already bought), needs a clutch MC(on order), and needs a new shifter to eliminate slop(on order)). But we drove it around sunday for cruisin the coast, was a blast. Gets a good amount of attention and it's pretty damn fast. Has a lot of go fast goodies including a 402 stroker. I gotta admit when reading the CL ad when I saw 402 I was pretty much sold lol.

20180907_170846.jpg

My brother bought a 2003 mercury marauder (another super cool car) about a year ago also. He moved up north though so I don't get to work on it anymore. I'm no ford guy but it's a pretty awesome car, has a roots blower on it and a bunch of other goodies. Made 460 whp if I remember correctly when we had it tuned. We are probably gonna meet up at the dragon one day in the future, maybe we can plan it around the buell event and say hi to some old friends...

Realized I should probably post a pic of my brother's car if I'm gonna brag on it lol...

Here's right after he got it and bought new wheels/tires.

hmm......pic isnt uploading will try again later...
    Last edited by snrusnak; 10-02-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Very nice! Is that a CTS?

Very nice! Is that a CTS?
    Yes, a 2006 CTS-V. Has a 402 stroker, trick flow heads, brian tooley cam, full exhaust, intake, etc. Guy claimed 460rwhp on very mild tune which I believe, it is extremely tame for such a big cam. It's a lot of fun. The mod bug has struck, I'm spending all kinds of money on it haha. I gotta change the exhaust it's obnoxious, drones and resonates really bad.

Trying to attach a pic of my brother's car again also...not sure why it's not working.

looks nice! Always liked the CTS-V's. My buddys wife has a red 04 i think it is. If i ever came across a decent priced one id snag it for a daily.

I need to see a pic of the gas cap orientation....

Nice ride Sean!!!

Oh no you didn't!^^^^

BIG fan of the CTS-V's here too snrusnak. Awesome ride! The wagons especially Gotta love a sleeper that can stomp on all the fart-pipe cars. Recently had a late model CTS-V coupe give me quite a run in the S-5. Got him at the launch (AWD) but he crushed my dreams shortly after....

I figured this would be more your speed Cooter.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/c...721224592.html

I need to see a pic of the gas cap orientation....
    The proper orientation for the gas cap on this car is sitting on top of the pump. 402 cid + big cam + stop and go driving = 13 mpg. Can't drive too far with 17.5 gal tank lol, it's really not that bad though, if I stay moving, like to and from work on back roads it's 15+ mpg. And highway it's 20+ mpg. Not too bad for what it is.

Oh HECK ya! 34:19