Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling...what's the market like?

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    Unfortunately Buells don’t hold any value. DONT sell, it would forever be your lost love! I sold an RD350LC for book money in college about 25 years ago. Still regret it.
    I get that....and know what you are saying. But think about all that happened with the money you got for that RD between then and now? It's not a static situation, you know? Here's the sick part....I think I want a Gold Wing. (but I'm keeping my 1990 CBR1000F!)

Warner

Buell Ulysses! Best of BOTH WORLDS!

The answer is always BUELL!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, Makes perfect sense to me !

Isn't a gold wing for old people ?

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, Makes perfect sense to me !

Isn't a gold wing for old people ?
    I AM "old people". HAHA!

Inactive
    Unfortunately Buells don’t hold any value. DONT sell, it would forever be your lost love! I sold an RD350LC for book money in college about 25 years ago. Still regret it.
    Unfortunately Buells don’t hold any value.

Bull****!
    you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.

I miss spoke a little, but I know a little of what I speak. In Ontario and almost everywhere I’ve cruzed too, the Buell might as well be a Bimota. Rarely do I meet someone that heard of one, let alone willing to spend $$$ on a company that went out of business almost 10 years ago.

I’m not slagging the Buell at all, love them and I’m trying to figure out how to get my hands on an EBR. They don’t sell up here. I talked a seller down a thousand bucks because it wouldn’t start. It was obvious to me it needed spark plugs. When I offered 2000 less than asking for my Ulysses the dealer almost kissed me for taking it off his hands.

If I was going to invest my life savings into something, it wouldn’t be Buell. I have pretty much spent all of my money on Buells. It would be a lot easier to sell an R1 over an X1.

Hopefully my collection will become priceless one day, but that’s not why I bought them. An RC45 would be a better investment. Something only deprecates when you sell it, so my financial planner keeps telling me!

I miss spoke a little, but I know a little of what I speak. In Ontario and almost everywhere I’ve cruzed too, the Buell might as well be a Bimota. Rarely do I meet someone that heard of one, let alone willing to spend $$$ on a company that went out of business almost 10 years ago.

I’m not slagging the Buell at all, love them and I’m trying to figure out how to get my hands on an EBR. They don’t sell up here. I talked a seller down a thousand bucks because it wouldn’t start. It was obvious to me it needed spark plugs. When I offered 2000 less than asking for my Ulysses the dealer almost kissed me for taking it off his hands.

If I was going to invest my life savings into something, it wouldn’t be Buell. I have pretty much spent all of my money on Buells. It would be a lot easier to sell an R1 over an X1.

Hopefully my collection will become priceless one day, but that’s not why I bought them. An RC45 would be a better investment. Something only deprecates when you sell it, so my financial planner keeps telling me!
    And people used to throw those "ugly Tiffany lamps" in the garbage. I do think you're right, at the moment, but I DO believe that down the road, and not that far down, the Buell's will have considerable collector value.

Warner

Buell's will have considerable collector value.
    tube frame buells sure haven't shown that to be true yet, lots of people asking "vintage" prices, but those aren't sales. I would be surprised if they're any more valuable even in 30 years. If they remain valued from 2500-5000 depending on model and condition that would be damn good. I mean you can buy a 40yr old sportster that runs for 2k....

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    tube frame buells sure haven't shown that to be true yet, lots of people asking "vintage" prices, but those aren't sales. I would be surprised if they're any more valuable even in 30 years. If they remain valued from 2500-5000 depending on model and condition that would be damn good. I mean you can buy a 40yr old sportster that runs for 2k....
    True, but Buell as a company hasn't been out of business that long. Once production stops, prices have the ability to rise (or not, as the case may be). In the world of collecting, a finite supply is the first ingredient to rising value. When an artist dies, there are a limited number of his or her works. There will be no more made. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but now the last Buell's made are really starting to reach the age of collectibility. Probably take another 10 years, if it's going to happen. In either case, they are certainly worth what they are selling for now, even just to ride.

Warner

I agree with everything that was said, sold my RD for a couple hundred bucks, today in crap condition it’s worth 5000.

Out of all of this, it’s forums like this and members like Lunitic and countless others that keep my Buells running! Thank You Guys for giving my bikes value!

I’m never making a motorcycle investment mistake again, I’m not selling any of them. When I’m gone my kids may be rich or there will be one heck of a parts sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast