Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling...what's the market like?

Thinking of selling...what's the market like?

I've been thinking about selling or trading in my 2008 XB12Scg. It needs nothing. Replaced the fan, rocker gaskets (with James gaskets), O2 sensor, plugs and wires last fall. Voltage regulator as well - made a custom stand off/heat shield for this so it doesn't cook on the front cylinder. I also have the right side scoop, and both a standard and Scg seat for it....and the Buelltooth and Buell saddlebags. Also did the breather mod and replace the PCV's and grommets. And the battery is newer, too. About 11k miles. Tires still good - 2 years old. What's the market like? I have an offer of $2,500 on trade in, but man that seems low. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Warner

buell.jpg
    Last edited by Webbie; 11-01-2018 at 07:41 PM.

That sounds like a fair offer for a dealer to present for a trade in.

You could likely get more from a private party, but how long do you actually want to try to sell your bike? Sometimes they sell quickly, and sometimes they take awhile to move.

On a private sale, you should be able to get $4-4500, that is pretty low milage and it looks like it's in very good shape and well taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    On a private sale, you should be able to get $4-4500, that is pretty low milage and it looks like it's in very good shape and well taken care of.
    I listed it in the for sale section for $3,500. It's a deal for whoever buys it.

Thanks,

Warner

i paid 2700 for my 9 with nowhere near as many nice parts/mods/sound work done, sounds like a good price

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    I listed it in the for sale section for $3,500. It's a deal for whoever buys it.

Thanks,

Warner
    thats a very good price, if it werent coming up on winter I'd say it'd sell quickly. Hell it still may go fast GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    thats a very good price, if it werent coming up on winter I'd say it'd sell quickly. Hell it still may go fast GLWS
    Yeah.....if it doesn't sell quickly, I'll probably change my mind. That's what happened last time. Haha. I'm SO impulsive!

Warner

Webbie, Dont give it away!!!!!! as a trade in . Very nice bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Webbie, Dont give it away!!!!!! as a trade in . Very nice bike.
    Yeah....not going to do that for sure. And I'm really firm on that $3,500 price. It's a great deal for someone and I'm not desperate at all.

Warner

Unfortunately Buells don’t hold any value. DONT sell, it would forever be your lost love! I sold an RD350LC for book money in college about 25 years ago. Still regret it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast