Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Ulysses

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. I am familiar with cleaning the IAC. I had an 08 sportster 1200 before my Ulysses. Same mileage too. Bike never not started for me once. Upon further exploration it seems I too have the dreaded cracked ecm. A small almost unnoticeable crack around the gray port. Strange because it has the block to keep the seat away from it. Well would a cracked ecm keep my bike from starting? No codes on EcmDroid and I tried fiddling with it while starting.

https://youtu.be/FMyXh29G8go

Here is a video of me trying to start it.

Have you tried spraying a little gas in the TB while you are cranking it over ? If it wants to start, then it is a fuel issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Have you tried spraying a little gas in the TB while you are cranking it over ? If it wants to start, then it is a fuel issue.
    I sprayed some starting fluid in there and nothing. Makes me think its not getting spark. The spark plug cleaning feature is not engaging. There are no errors on my EcmDroid app.

I would start by pulling the plugs see what they look like and see if you are getting a spark, if no spark coil needs to be tested is it getting power.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-06-2018 at 01:58 PM.

I would start off by testing the ecm, since you found a crack on it then proceed from there, plugs, wires, injectors, etc.

Plugs are on the way. I’ve been doing some research and possibly it could be the CAM sensor? How would I test the ECM?

Is the ECM physically damaged ? pics please, Uly mounting of the ECM is not the best some modify the mounting if the seat is in contact with it .

I definitely feel it is electrical. When I filled it up with new gas the 1st time I was able to perform the spark plug procedure. Now the bike does not fo that. That is what makes me think it is not getting spark

At this point forget what you think , I dont mean to be rude . pull the plugs and see if you are getting a spark. Show us what the plugs look like wet ? take a video with it cranking of of the plugs.

Last edited by Silverrider; 11-06-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast