Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Ulysses

Dead Ulysses

Back again. 2008 Ulysses that won’t start. New battery installed today. Nothing, cranked over real strong. Cleaned all the grounds. Checked plug wires. Can hear the fuel pump prime. Connected ECMDroind no codes. Losing hope here. Just bought the bike and it ran fine for a few hundred miles. Bike started to break up on Wide open throttle and wouldn’t idle and stalled at lights. Now it will not start at all.

Just because you checked the plug wires doesn't mean your getting spark, how are the plugs themselves? just because you can hear the pump prime doesn't mean your injectors are spraying fuel. Keep digging man, I'm sure John or Carlos, or Rich will chime in with what to do next. Simmer down down now, this is gonna be an easy fix once the heavy hitters jump in. You'll be riding in no time!

I appreciate all that. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve made a mistake. I am not the most mechanically inclined person. I live in Connecticut and I wonder if there any local people on here who would take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_fergusson View Post
    I appreciate all that. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve made a mistake. I am not the most mechanically inclined person. I live in Connecticut and I wonder if there any local people on here who would take a look at it.
    As you say you are not the most mechanically inclined person, It might be best in the long run you find someone that is and can help you . IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    As you say you are not the most mechanically inclined person, It might be best in the long run you find someone that is and can help you . IMO
    I feel you might be correct

Personally I'd rather see you fix this bike with the help of the guys on here that are going to help you diagnose the problem. Your gonna take your time and do the job right once they help you diagnose it!!!!! Most likely if you take it to a shop they are gonna rake you over the coals. You can do this man, and your gonna learn something in the process and be proud of what you did.

I agree. The satisfaction of fixing a small problem like this is nice BUT, If you don't like being a mechanic, I'd look up V-twin shops in your area.

That said, you don't need to keep starting a brand new thread about the same problem, when you won't even answer the questions asked to help you fix it.

What is the resting voltage?
    What is the cranking voltage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I agree. The satisfaction of fixing a small problem like this is nice BUT, If you don't like being a mechanic, I'd look up V-twin shops in your area.

That said, you don't need to keep starting a brand new thread about the same problem, when you won't even answer the questions asked to help you fix it.

What is the resting voltage?
    What is the cranking voltage?
    The only reason I posted a new thread was to get more eyes on my issues. Resting voltage is around 13 and the cranking voltage was a hair over 14.

I stand corrected. The resting voltage was 13.2 and the cranking voltage was 11.4.

I dont know all that much about the 08 and up bikes but it sounds like the issue might be with your IAC.

You’ve ruled out the battery as your problem.
    Now check that you’re getting air, fuel and compression.

www.buellmods.com for a service manual.
    Look over the no start trouble shooting guide.

Also, if you’ve been ham fisting that throttle grip during starting attempts you’ll want to change your plugs. Your issue might be as simple as fouled out plugs.

You can figure this out.
    Just try all the simple stuff first.
    And use that service manual as your guide

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast