Thread: Any suggestions or special considerations for winterization???

Any suggestions or special considerations for winterization???

I have a few Harley's and a few Buells----seems to me that the Buells are much harder to wake up from the winter slumber.....I hate changing the plugs on these Goldman things, and it seems like the injectors are an area of concern as well. Anybody have a routine or specific products they would recommend

Inactive
    2 words: Av-Gas
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-10-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    4-disconnect negative cable and give the battery a 6 amp charge for 15 minutes 1X a month ORRRRRRR leave the cable connected and battery tend ONE 24 hour period once a week. NO MORE!

Oh wise and all seeing oracle of the Buell (and kick ass in general)....

Didn't you (or someone) put a suggestion out there about hooking up a lamp timer to the charger or tender?

It was probably Silverrider since he works on his bikes in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Oh wise and all seeing oracle of the Buell (and kick ass in general)....

Didn't you (or someone) put a suggestion out there about hooking up a lamp timer to the charger or tender?

It was probably Silverrider since he works on his bikes in the living room.
    Hell yes, Its to dusty in my shop, I am getting a K&N in the mail today I am ready.

666006.jpg

Inactive
    i'm digging that wood stove joe. very nice indeed.
    yes aaron that was me. i have an extension cord plugged into a wall outlet timer. the cord goes to a homemade power-strip of sorts that has about 10 batt tenders plugged into it and hooked to assorted bikes. timer programmed to to turn on for 4 hours every 24 hours. works like a charm.

5afc7a81-27d0-40d7-93fe-c8a27b73452f_1.871d8b28483a08cd9e76360fa81ed0b5.jpeg

Your living room still looks better than my garage but, not by much. I built my 1970 Bonni chopper on my front porch in Brooklyn in 1971, my uncle (old Indian rider) who owned the house, loved it, my aunt and my mother weren't so happy.

My Ully and SS start right up in the spring but I do ride, on occasion through the winter.
    Last edited by njloco; 11-10-2018 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Your living room still looks better than my garage but, not by much. I built my 1970 Bonni chopper on my front porch in Brooklyn in 1971, my uncle (old Indian rider) who owned the house, loved it, my aunt and my mother weren't so happy.

My Ully and SS start right up in the spring but I do ride, on occasion through the winter.
    Wish mine would do that. If I don't ride the firebolt for 2 weeks it's a mother...... Doesn't want to start, only wants to run on one cylinder until you blow it out. Temperamental bitch