Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What year/model is the best or most desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    I’m always looking for the phantom 6th gear. My pick is the X1. The bike is a tad psychotic. I find the narrow part of the seat at the gas tank uncomfortable but for irritating the locals there’s nothing better.

I havent ridden a 6 speed bike for awhile, so I've stopped looking for 6th.... but now I probably will since I mentioned it.

I think the biggest point for most desirable.... is what is most desirable to you and for what reason? Like Cooter, I prefer M2's for the more comfortable ride and relaxed bike. Or do you want something a bit more unique like a 98 S1 White Lightning? Or maybe one that makes the most power? Then X1.

I've never been a fan of the touring models, but people who own them tend to swear they are the best yet. S3T comes to mind as being the crowd favorite.

The Tubers are awesome!!! different animal than the XB, not better or worse, just different. I have an S3 with the wide seat, so much nicer on the family jewels than the X1... Eric really needed to come out with a factory recall on that seat! Both of mine have fuel injection but if I could really have my way an S1 or S2, better yet an RS1200 Westwind!!! I don't think anybody today would realistically be purchasing a buell tuber to gobble up the miles so have some fun!!! That's not a knock about the reliability, I just choose not to take my tubers any farther then my GF is willing to come to pick me up :-0

Thanks for all the great info and opinions fellas. 200 miles round trip is about the furthest I go at a clip. Not because I'm old and beat up (yet) but I have 8 kids ranging from 21 down to 5 months and I just don't have the time to get out and burn up the miles like I used to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12