Thread: Custom Buell on eBay

Custom Buell on eBay

This is worth a look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6FpDleSyVU

I wonder what the wet weight is... I also would've opted for a 12 instead of a 9 motor!

That's not a custom bike, it's a kit; and I would take a 9 over a 12 every time!

Yeah, they sell that kit on eBay. Good start but not well executed. Tank is to big, seat is hideous, and there is nothing of a tail whatsoever. Just my opinion.

Here is a custom wannabe Buell saltflat racer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Buell-...1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

When I was staying in FL, I helped a friend put one together.
    We used the same frame from DL (horribly over priced, super simple, and I will make my own next time), and made all the rest ourselves, no "kit". From a '06 XB12 doner (iirc)
    Differences from the one DL made are we kept the fuel-in frame along with the tank (pump is in the crossbar), kept the Fuel injection with a sportster 90* intake and such instead of a carb, 1250 kit, motogadget inset into the upper triple instead of e-bay gauges, RFID ignition, and a ton more cool guy stuff.
    IMG_0435 by Cooter!, on FlickrIMG_1955 by Cooter!, on FlickrIMG_1098 by Cooter!, on FlickrIMG_5406 by Cooter!, on Flickr
    I put a ton of miles on it around Sturgis, and the PNW, it is ridiculous fun to ride
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-20-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Cool ride !

The pic on the dirt road with the cows in the background bring back memories of when I was elk hunting in Idaho. I'd be hanging out on a bench some place on the mountain, I'd hear noise coming up the mountain, get all ready for a shot and a cow walks out, big let down but pretty funny for an Easterner.

There was a guy here in Portland that sold me the Firebolt parts from a Buell he used for this kit/frame. They're pretty cool to see in person. I think he said he had to convert to a carb from FI.

The 'kit' DL sells isn't really a kit. It's a frame, some simple brackets, and a battery box. He's much more of an artist than a mechanic so does change to a sportster/ Tuber style carb simply because it's an easy solution the backbone of the frame that goes directly over the top of the Buell FI intake.
    Changing to a sportster style 90* intake (and some small stuff) allows you to use the stock Buell FI.

If you guys like this style of Café/Tracker mod using the awesome Buell powertrain... stay tuned!