Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poorly running Ulysses

Poorly running Ulysses

Hello all,

Having problems again. 2008 Ulysses with a k&n and a d&d exhaust. Bike has 29k. Just put in some new v rod plugs a few hundred miles ago since the ones in it became fouled. Having the same problem again. Bike is running terrible. Pops a lot on decel, falls flat when I give it wide open throttle. Feels like the clutch is slipping. It’s not I adjusted it correctly. No error codes coming up on ecmdroid. I’d like some suggestions before I pull the plugs.

Thanks
    Alan

Popping on decelerations and 'falling flat' on the throttle can both be signs of a lean condition.

Use ECMDroid to check your AFV. That will tell you what the ECM is trying to compensate for.

Like leaking intake seals.

Popping on decelerations and 'falling flat' on the throttle can both be signs of a lean condition.

Use ECMDroid to check your AFV. That will tell you what the ECM is trying to compensate for.

Like leaking intake seals.

Awesome cooter thanks. What should my AFV be at when the bike is idling?

I'm pretty sure it's usually right around 100.

The bike doesn't need to be running. NJ is right, it should be as close to 100 as possible.

Inactive
    your fuel pump is failing along with clogged filter and disintegrated sock. click my name....click "find latest posts" and start scrolling. it's all there including rebuild procedure...part numbers...cross references...signs and symptoms....solutions.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-21-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    your fuel pump is failing along with clogged filter and disintegrated sock. click my name....click "find latest posts" and start scrolling.
    it will look like this, I call it a bad Tea bag
    pump3.JPG

I was hoping it’s not the fuel pump. Lunatic I was able to find the pump, filter and the teabag. I am not able to find a part number for the 2 o rings. I am going to replace the low fuel sensor. Am I missing anything else i should be doing while replace the pump? Appreciate all the help.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_fergusson View Post
    I was hoping it’s not the fuel pump. Lunatic I was able to find the pump, filter and the teabag. I am not able to find a part number for the 2 o rings. I am going to replace the low fuel sensor. Am I missing anything else i should be doing while replace the pump? Appreciate all the help.
    pump low level fuel sensor part # P0789.KA-----lists for $13.50----infinite amount in dealer system. REPLACE IT!
    pump housing O-ring part # P0121.02A8A----lists for $6.30 each---i sell them to board members for $7 the pair & free freight.
    check pump wires for chafing at support bracket area. repair if any in need.
    tighten the hell out of the pump grounding screw. item#12 in schematic....circled in red in pic.

PM me and i'll get you fixed up.

370860.jpg
    64471910.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-22-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    pump low level fuel sensor part # P0789.KA-----lists for $13.50----infinite amount in dealer system. REPLACE IT!
    pump housing O-ring part # P0121.02A8A----lists for $6.30 each---i sell them to board members for $7 the pair & free freight.
    check pump wires for chafing at support bracket area. repair if any in need.
    tighten the hell out of the pump grounding screw. item#12 in schematic....circled in red in pic.

PM me and i'll get you fixed up.

370860.jpg
    64471910.jpg
    fuel.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast