Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: xb12s right side cover / scoop

maybe silver's pic was a bad angle? I know it doesnt look identical to the left side, but I've never found it unsightly... Yes it is the scoop that came with the "ulysses rider comfort kit" which the scoop and its adjoining parts fir all xb's. here's a few angles to look at

No, the comfort kit also has the heat shield for the rear exhaust pipe and I think the larger air scoop.

Let me add, if you're going to ride in temps over 80* (like john mentioned) or ever ride in traffic or even ride remotely hard... buy it! if you're going to putt around the neighborhood a couple times a year when its 70 then, ya maybe you dont need it. Plenty of threads on the advantages of the scoop. The ulysses would kick its fan on at 75-80mph on the interstate @ 80* without the scoop(which at that speed the bike is barely working at all). After that it would never run at speeds over 45mph unless i was busting ass @ 100mph down the interstate in 95-100* weather or really giving her the beans for miles and miles

(feel free to give me guff for riding like that everyone lol, but this is Iowa/ Nebraska there's no one else around!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Ya Gotta have a scoop ! It will save your rear rocker gaskets from cooking and leaking,pay now or later. IMO If you want a stock scoop let me know postage and its yours. https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...xb-models-l19c

Attachment 10862 Attachment 10863
    3 some_056 by Jack Joseph, on Flickr

Silverrider if Jurrien doesn't take you up on your offer I would very much like to have that stock scoop.

Ok thanks for the extra info and the extra photo's. I'm convinced, It doesn't look that big and ugly, I'm going to buy the larger scoop set. Thanks again!
    By the way, I'm new to Buell and it is really great to see how much info there is to find. Also love the Do It Yourself attitude that I sense in for example this message board!

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    Silverrider if Jurrien doesn't take you up on your offer I would very much like to have that stock scoop.
    It sounds like he is getting big scoop , pm me ur address so i can do the postage to you.

Yes I forgot to mention, thanks for the offer! Very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurrien View Post
    Yes I forgot to mention, thanks for the offer! Very kind.
    You are very welcome !!!!

Just be aware that the scoops are not symmetrical and its pretty noticeable.

Personally, I like the asymmetric look... but it may not be for everyone.

Yeah, but at least to my eyes, the right side scoop balances out the bike's look a *lot* better than the stock one. For me, the stock scoop looks *really* assymetric as compared to the left side scoop. The comfort kit scoop is a "bit assymetric" but begins to even out the perspective on both sides of the bike.

Not to mention, of course, the actual benefits of the thing to air flow over the rear cylinder.

Just my .-2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast