Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
you truly are the "poster child" for everything that's wrong with open forums such as this and unlimited internet access. by your own admission you've never purchased wheel bearings which allows the logical inference that you've also never removed and replaced motorcycle wheel bearings. spend less time dicking around emailing bearing companies in the transparent attempt to prove your point and prop yourself up....and more time studying up on CORRECT removal....spacer service limit specs.....CORRECT replacement using conflicting temperatures and basic hand tools....and most importantly addressing what i consider to be a glaring XB design flaw:::::::excessive drive belt tension. you're going to need all the help you can get and doubt Helen Turner can provide it.
Always so angry lunatic, no need to attack someone because you disagree. Why do you actually care if he doesn't want to use a chinese bearing? Do you have some connection to all balls or just trying to reaffirm to yourself that its okay to cheap out on them? I've used all balls too but I'm also okay with saying they are cheap chinese bearings. Nothing wrong with saving some money if you are willing to accept a lower service life/higher risk of failure.

I did a lot of testing at my last job in regards to bearings, and have attended training at an NSK facility. There is a pretty big difference in the quality of steel used. Wheels bearings are low duty on motorcycles so its not as big of an issue as other applications. That being said with the testing and application background I have I can confidently say no name chinese bearings are not as good as your well known companies. Its too bad all balls can't/won't set up a purchase agreement with a quality bearing manufacturer. Their direct pricing is incredibly low on something like these mass produced smaller bearings compared to what you pay from an industrial distributor walking in off the street.