Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Newbie

  1. #21
    Senior Member lancruza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    King, NC
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt24 View Post
    Attachment 10970
    Deal fell through on 1250 XB9SX so I bought this one.
    I've always liked the 09's murdered out with blue. One of these days I'm gonna pick up an 09 trimmed in blue. I've got the same bike except in Cherry Bomb. There's nothing else quite like an XB. Enjoy your ride. Here's mine.

    20180429_194027.jpg
    Last edited by lancruza; 01-03-2019 at 03:49 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member lunaticfringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,357
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt24 View Post
    Attachment 10970
    Deal fell through on 1250 XB9SX so I bought this one.
    to FNG: when i go to the work of digging up part numbers....pricing...quantities still available...and provide this time-consuming expertise....the least you can do is acknowledge it and send a thanks my way. unbelievable!
    Last edited by lunaticfringe; 01-03-2019 at 01:17 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Central Soviet state of new jersey.
    Posts
    1,627
    This happens ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ because, people put the cart in front of the horse.
    Also, when and if you need help or have questions about your bike, make sure to describe it as " this one" is the bike I need help with, I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.

  4. #24
    Senior Member lancruza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    King, NC
    Posts
    302
    Hey John, thanks for the scoop on the scoop, LOL and Happy New Yeeeeer. I got a question. I'm looking on SPHD and they are showing the kit you're referring to for $64, but it says that it's not the "complete comfort kit". What would constitute the "complete comfort kit"? The only other piece that I could think of would be the small heat shield that goes over the header pipe. Is there more to it than that? -

    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...xb-models-l19c

  5. #25
    Senior Member lunaticfringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,357
    Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Hey John, thanks for the scoop on the scoop, LOL and Happy New Yeeeeer. I got a question. I'm looking on SPHD and they are showing the kit you're referring to for $64, but it says that it's not the "complete comfort kit". What would constitute the "complete comfort kit"? The only other piece that I could think of would be the small heat shield that goes over the header pipe. Is there more to it than that? -

    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...xb-models-l19c
    happy new year to you as well levan.
    order the part # on that link you posted up. that comprises the entire RSS. plenty left in the dealers system.
    the COMPLETE "riders comfort kit" is OEM part # M1907.1AK----suffix U7A. list is $119....only 5 left in dealer system.
    it is all the RSS goodies....header heat shield and clamps....piece of reflective insulation shielding for under side of seat....but that has been discontinued and left out of kit....and huge giant fan shroud.

    in all honesty levan if you install the RSS set-up and reprogram to add a bit more fuel and lose the "lean" factory foolishness you'll notice a nice difference. pic is entire M1907 kit on shop table.

    comfort kit.jpg

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    933
    I'd never seen that shroud before. Does it just redirect the air flow from the fan downwards and out of the underseat compartment area?

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    to FNG: when i go to the work of digging up part numbers....pricing...quantities still available...and provide this time-consuming expertise....the least you can do is acknowledge it and send a thanks my way. unbelievable!
    Sorry man. Didn’t mean to offend.
    Appreciate the info.
    I was really just trying to find out current availability options as I’ve seen your posts in the past but didn’t know if the items were still available. Also, just wondering if anyone had any used parts to sell.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Hey John, thanks for the scoop on the scoop, LOL and Happy New Yeeeeer. I got a question. I'm looking on SPHD and they are showing the kit you're referring to for $64, but it says that it's not the "complete comfort kit". What would constitute the "complete comfort kit"? The only other piece that I could think of would be the small heat shield that goes over the header pipe. Is there more to it than that? -

    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...xb-models-l19c
    Thanks for the pic & starting this conversation. I couldn’t even find RSS on SPHD.

  9. #29
    Senior Member lunaticfringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,357
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I'd never seen that shroud before. Does it just redirect the air flow from the fan downwards and out of the underseat compartment area?
    yes sir aaron....that's exactly what it does.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    yes sir aaron....that's exactly what it does.
    Thx John. I may have to actually buy the comfort kit itself. Normally, I just buy the exhaust shield and scoop parts separately.


    Always a big help and super informative!!!!



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •