Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusion on 2009 xb9sx fuel pump

Confusion on 2009 xb9sx fuel pump

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you, but i seem to have some sort of terrible issues with my fuel pump, I'm in nigeria so there isn't much of buell here. I've been having lots of issues with my fuel pumps lately and my mechanic couldn't find a better solution, although he tried his best and though damaged the fuel pumps. Now i have to buy a complete fuel pump with the housing... Everything.

I reached out to my friend in LA to help with getting the pump.. He did but the one he got seem a lot different than the stock.

fuel pump.jpg

The left pump is the replacement pump
    The right pump is the stock pump

Will this Replacement Pump Fit inside a 2009 Buell Xb9sx

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by samuelseggs View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you, but i seem to have some sort of terrible issues with my fuel pump, I'm in nigeria so there isn't much of buell here. I've been having lots of issues with my fuel pumps lately and my mechanic couldn't find a better solution, although he tried his best and though damaged the fuel pumps. Now i have to buy a complete fuel pump with the housing... Everything.

I reached out to my friend in LA to help with getting the pump.. He did but the one he got seem a lot different than the stock.

fuel pump.jpg

The left pump is the replacement pump
    The right pump is the stock pump

Will this Replacement Pump Fit inside a 2009 Buell Xb9sx

Thank you
    --

The pumps put out the same fuel pressure, and since yours is a short frame bike i believe you will be fine. If you had a long frame bike I believe the older pump on the left is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazaag View Post
    --

The pumps put out the same fuel pressure, and since yours is a short frame bike i believe you will be fine. If you had a long frame bike I believe the older pump on the left is too long.
    Thank you for your swift response, i have the xb9sx 2009 i will check other review to find out if i have the short frame, thank you.

Inactive
    Sir: and yet more potentially confusing "fuel pump info" that needs clarification:
    1-whether a Buell XB is an S....R...or any of the "long frame" variants such as Stt, X,XT....makes no difference re. the pump.
    2-IN YOUR PICTURE the pump on the LEFT is early style pump....factory part # P0130.5A8----SUFFIX B4U.
    IN YOUR PICTURE the pump on the RIGHT is later style pump....factory part # P0130.5AA----NO SUFFIX
    3-they DO interchange but there is a slight difference in the wiring plug that must be addressed. pump pressure for ALL 2003-2009 pumps the same....2010 regulator and pressure different.
    attached is pic of new unboxed pump i pulled out of inventory to show you EXACTLY what the 2008-2009 OEM NEW pump looks like.

pump inventory.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Sir: and yet more potentially confusing "fuel pump info" that needs clarification:
    1-whether a Buell XB is an S....R...or any of the "long frame" variants such as Stt, X,XT....makes no difference re. the pump.
    2-IN YOUR PICTURE the pump on the LEFT is early style pump....factory part # P0130.5A8----SUFFIX B4U.
    IN YOUR PICTURE the pump on the RIGHT is later style pump....factory part # P0130.5AA----NO SUFFIX
    3-they DO interchange but there is a slight difference in the wiring plug that must be addressed. pump pressure for ALL 2003-2009 pumps the same....2010 regulator and pressure different.
    attached is pic of new unboxed pump i pulled out of inventory to show you EXACTLY what the 2008-2009 OEM NEW pump looks like.

pump inventory.jpg
    Thank you very much, i appreciate this, but with regards to the wiring, what should i take note of.. and do i need to do a tps reset after changing the fuel pumps ?

Why don't you also list any other information about the bike like, any modifications, mileage and what was the problem you were having in the first place ? I ask because what happens if It's not your fuel pump that is the problem ?

Inactive
    Thank you very much, i appreciate this, but with regards to the wiring, what should i take note of.. and do i need to do a tps reset after changing the fuel pumps ?

my pleasure. TPS reset NOT required. NOTE: if 2008-2010 can be done with key/kill switch/throttle applications. SEE YOUR OWNERS MANUAL FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS. if 2003-2007 inclusive will require software.
    and tell your mechanic friend he should add a light coating of either O-ring silicone-based lube OR if none available a very light coating of light grease TO THE O-RINGS prior to installation. if not done chances are excellent the O-rings will tear upon installation.

my pleasure. TPS reset NOT required. NOTE: if 2008-2010 can be done with key/kill switch/throttle applications. SEE YOUR OWNERS MANUAL FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS. if 2003-2007 inclusive will require software.
    and tell your mechanic friend he should add a light coating of either O-ring silicone-based lube OR if none available a very light coating of light grease TO THE O-RINGS prior to installation. if not done chances are excellent the O-rings will tear upon installation.
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. This is amazing stuff. I appreciate

pump length

Lunatic - had an 07 Uly in my shop- guy had damaged his stock pump so he got an 04 to put in there. That pump was too long, would not fit ... just my observations....hence my comments above...

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Why don't you also list any other information about the bike like, any modifications, mileage and what was the problem you were having in the first place ? I ask because what happens if It's not your fuel pump that is the problem ?
    Thank you for your response. I had a faulty pump my mechanic tried to fix..but destroyed it instead. Now I had to change the whole pump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast