Thread: wideband O2 and MLV

wideband O2 and MLV

Guys running a wide band O2 sensor what do you have AFR(WBO2) parameter in MLV configured as?

MLV wants to know the range your WB O2 uses in order to know what voltage is rich/stoich/lean.

Check the box that matches whatever O2 you are using.

The wideband sensor that I have is bosch 4.9 lsu. It outputs a signal from 0 V to 5V. When I select Innovate 0-5, MLV calculates a very questionable AFR.
    People using TunABuell kit, what do you have it set at?

Edit: for the above sensor kit, TunABuell, what is the scale for 0-5 volts? What does 0 volts stand for in lambda or AFR and what does 5 volts stand for?
    Last edited by cossack84; 12-13-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Posting to help the next guy. Here is what I found out.

In MLV the AFR(WBO2) parameter is user defined. One has to know what the O2 reading is from the logged data in order to use AFR(WBO2).
    For example if you have a wide band O2sensor set up like Bosch 4.9 and its controller puts out a linear 0 - 5 Vdc ( 0 Vdc = 10AFR and 5Vdc = 20 AFR) then you could use a custom linear check box to set it accordingly.
    Stock narrow band sensor outputs into O2 and it shows value 0 to 1 Vdc. If you are using TunaBuell it outputs into the same parameter, O2, but it will now show 0 to 5 Vdc.