Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLV question

MLV question

What parameter you guys look at in MLV to know when injector is wide open?
    I get that the fuel table is in 8 bit ADC and that the EcmSpy tuning guide mentions "each value in the table equates to 58 microseconds of injector pulse width duration". But what value is it refers to?
    Also can some one please post or email me a copy of stock, unmolested 2004 (BUEGB) map. I need to use it for reference.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it in here ?

http://buellmods.com/

It is but its a .txt document. I'm fairly ignorant when i comes to converting those. Would be great if it was in .BIN or .XPR.

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    What parameter you guys look at in MLV to know when injector is wide open?
    I get that the fuel table is in 8 bit ADC and that the EcmSpy tuning guide mentions "each value in the table equates to 58 microseconds of injector pulse width duration". But what value is it refers to?
    You want pw1 and pw2, which will correlate with Load.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyXB View Post
    You want pw1 and pw2, which will correlate with Load.
    Yep got those up. DO those numbers stand for 58 microseconds? 1 pw = 58 microseconds?
    In the picture below where I have my cursor set, PW1 = 3.701 and PW2 = 3.431. You would multiply those by 58 microseconds to get time? If yes then at what point does PW = wide open injector?

Last edited by cossack84; 12-16-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Yep got those up. DO those numbers stand for 58 microseconds? 1 pw = 58 microseconds?
    Are you just curious about how the units are derived, or are you doing something important with them?

Both, because if I ever decide to run E85 I would have to know when injectors are maxed out.

I believe 255 is the max the fuel map runs at? Just a guess thats WFO for an injector, but it's just a guess.

But FYI, if you're going to run E85 for some reason, you will need new injectors to keep the dwell reasonable. Know that they are different front and rear.

Cooter thats right, 255 is a max value in 8 bit ADC format that you can enter into the fuel map. How ever that does not tell me how long the injector is staying open or whats more important the percentage of its maximum output.
    What is dwell if you dont mind explaining please.

Edit: how do you know for a fact that I will need new injectors. What specific data point tells you injectors are at max capacity? Sounds like you might know the answer to my question.
    Last edited by cossack84; 12-17-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Both, because if I ever decide to run E85 I would have to know when injectors are maxed out.
    What will be your tuning strategy?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast