Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Code for Xb9sx 2009

Trouble Code for Xb9sx 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'm bothering you.. But I'm a newbie with buell and we don't have mechanics here in nigeria that understands the buell.

I noticed my engine light was on so I did the self diagnosis and got some series of flashes... I have checked other videos online but the flash on my bike is very different from other. Please check this YouTube video

https://youtu.be/WrK3x1eS-jk
    Thank you for your time...
    Last edited by samuelseggs; 12-21-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    it appears your ecm is in the "spark plug self-cleaning" mode which activates the CEL. remove seat....disconnect negative battery cable...wait 60 seconds or so....reconnect. NOW with kill switch OFF....turn ignition switch ON....turn kill switch ON...CEL should activate then extinguish 4 seconds later. if not then...........well...........
    Check Engine Light still stays on

So you did what lunatic recommended for someone else's bike, and it didn't work, so does the bike turn over?, Does it run at all?, If so does it idle ? Do you know what mods were done to it, you have to give them information so they can try and help you.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    So you did what lunatic recommended for someone else's bike, and it didn't work, so does the bike turn over?, Does it run at all?, If so does it idle ? Do you know what mods were done to it, you have to give them information so they can try and help you.
    LunaticFringe is a genius. I was wrong not to redo another test, apparently the error had changed but still got the check engine light, i did another test and found out some other series of error.

The Bike runs but has a bad idle. I only changed the exhaust to a terminogon exhaust. No other Mods that i'm aware of.

Few issues i have with the bike is
    1. It has a bad idle when cold but after running for more than 30minutes the idle stays okay.
    2. The bike does not Rev accurately at times when riding, I get a funny sound from the airbox.
    3. The When i rev i get a fireback sound from the exhaust.

I will make a video of the error codes i'm getting and share again

Have you checked ur TB air box boot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Have you checked ur TB air box boot ?
    Okay what i'm i suppose to check for at the throttle body boot?

I'm a noob
    Last edited by samuelseggs; 12-23-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Sounds like your bike may need a TPS reset . 09 is done with your throttle. Their are posts on how to do. You changed the exhaust and should really do a race map now. But a reset should help.
    Last edited by rchuff; 12-23-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can also start perusing the forum and learn things you should be aware of when checking your bike, like, CEL light codes.

I've read the word perusing twice today. Once here and once from John. Very nice. I'm gonna use it at some point today.

OP:
    1) Download the service manual for free. Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com
    2) Remove airbox cover, and air filter (check it's condition), check the rubber boot at the base of the throttle body, the plastic airbox base should be sandwiched between the two lips of the boot.
    3) TPS re-set is very simple, free, fast, and in the manual you got in step 1
    4) With custom exhaust (and possibly high flow air filter) you should be running a fuel 'race' program. Either get a bolt-in solution from IDSpd.com:
    http://idspd.com/xcart/buell-products.html
    Or do-it yourself from Buelltooth.com:
    https://www.buelltooth.com/ecm-basics.html

Let me see your Termi exhaust on the Buell! Don't make me peruse Google images

Last edited by Cooter; 12-23-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast