Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Code for Xb9sx 2009

I want a Termi for the CR!

I'll try that John. Except I'll be smoking a fresh Pappy Van Winkle and wearing my bright red MAGA shirt. Merry Christmas America.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Sounds like your bike may need a TPS reset . 09 is done with your throttle. Their are posts on how to do. You changed the exhaust and should really do a race map now. But a reset should help.
    Thank you for your response, I will do that and give you a feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    OP:
    1) Download the service manual for free. Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com
    2) Remove airbox cover, and air filter (check it's condition), check the rubber boot at the base of the throttle body, the plastic airbox base should be sandwiched between the two lips of the boot.
    3) TPS re-set is very simple, free, fast, and in the manual you got in step 1
    4) With custom exhaust (and possibly high flow air filter) you should be running a fuel 'race' program. Either get a bolt-in solution from IDSpd.com:
    http://idspd.com/xcart/buell-products.html
    Or do-it yourself from Buelltooth.com:
    https://www.buelltooth.com/ecm-basics.html

Let me see your Termi exhaust on the Buell! Don't make me peruse Google images
    Thank you for your response, which would be more preferable to get, Buelltooth Device or the ECMspy Cable?

Sounds like your bike may need a TPS reset . 09 is done with your throttle. Their are posts on how to do. You changed the exhaust and should really do a race map now. But a reset should help.
    Thank you for your response, between getting the buelltooth device and ecmspy cable, which one is most effective?

They both work well but some people say buelltooth is more user friendly.They are both effective. Remember buelltooth is for Android any Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth and ecmspy you need laptop. Bottom line they both work. You really don't need either to do a TPS reset on your bike. Like I said it is done by using your throttle on 08 and up bikes.
    Last edited by rchuff; 12-26-2018 at 11:22 AM.

They both work well but some people say buelltooth is more user friendly.They are both effective. Remember buelltooth is for Android any Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth and ecmspy you need laptop. Bottom line they both work. You really don't need either to do a TPS reset on your bike. Like I said it is done by using your throttle on 08 and up bikes.
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback

So basically i did run another self diagnostics and found some error codes

Following this DDFI CODES
    DDFI Trouble Codes

Code No. Fault Condition
    11 Throttle position sensor
    13 Oxygen sensor
    14 Engine temperature sensor
    15 Intake air temperature sensor
    16 Battery voltage
    21 inter active muffler control
    23 Front fuel injector
    24 Front ignition coil
    25 Rear ignition coil
    26,27 clutch and neutral switch
    32 Rear fuel injector
    33 Fuel pump
    34 iac
    35 Tachometer
    36 fan voltage
    37,43 speed sensor
    44 Bank angle sensor
    45 side stand sensor
    46 start relay
    47 aux power outlets
    52, 53, 54, 55 ECM failure
    56 Cam sync failure

Previous issues history with bike.
    1. Had fuel pump issues, so i had to buy a complete fuel pump, i could get the pump for 2009 xb9sx so i got the 2004 instead.. More information https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...b9sx-fuel-pump

2. I had the bike parked for more than 6months because i could not get a good mechanic to work on the bike here in Nigeria, Thank God i found this Amazing Forum. The bike was parked is a wet area so i believe the water damaged the sensor.

But apart from bad idle when the bike is cold and a backfire sound i keep getting, couple with some funny sound from airbox when reving, The bike starts and run quite okay.

What could be possibly wrong, and why getting so many errors.

Thanks

PART it out !

In a wet area ? Covered, not covered ? If not covered, I agree with SR above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

If you are determined to keep it, start by replacing all fuses, electrical contacts in fuse box,sensors, checking all wires and plugs, including ECM, cleaning them, this is a lot of work and very time consuming, I hope you got this bike for free !

Also, see my first response, this is why one should include all info about the bike in the first place.
    Last edited by njloco; 12-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    In a wet area ? Covered, not covered ? If not covered, I agree with SR above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

If you are determined to keep it, start by replacing all fuses, electrical contacts in fuse box,sensors, checking all wires and plugs, including ECM, cleaning them, this is a lot of work and very time consuming, I hope you got this bike for free !

Also, see my first response, this is why one should include all info about the bike in the first place.
    He had the bike parked for more than 6months because i could not get a good mechanic to work on the bike here in Nigeria, Thank God i found this Amazing Forum. The bike was parked is a wet area so i believe the water damaged the sensor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast