Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
What others said:
Idling an air-cooled engine in an enclosed space for 20 minutes is unnecessary, dangerous, and annoys the neighbors.
It should NOT smell like gas. Leaky intake seals cause a lean condition, not rich. The ECM would compensate with an AFV correction.

1) Does it smell like raw gas? Yummy Or does it sting your eyes like unburned combustion?

More of unburned combustion.

2) How do you know your fuel maps are "stock"?

Because I have done hundreds of remaps to this and other Buell I had, I know perfectly how to deal with TunerPro for instance, I know what maps are stock and what are not.

3) Why do you keep talking about EGO correction?

Because if Im not mistaken the EGO is there to keep the mixture stoich. And you can disable correction for idle if you want to. So I just wanted you to know that yes the correction is working before someone says “hey go see if the map is too rich at idle”.

4) What is your current AFV?

I dont know and it doesnt matter. AFV has nothing to do with closed loop area. Will connect the ecmdroid and check anyway.

5) If you are convinced its a ECM issue, load a different map (Stock muffler/Race would be a good one) and see.

I’m not.

6) What are the running parameters of your O2 on live data? Is it lazy? Is it new?
O2 is not new, actually it is the one that came from factory. I think I should get it replaced anyway. But I’ll get a new log to check the parameters and let you know.