Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle smelling gas

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    What others said:
    Idling an air-cooled engine in an enclosed space for 20 minutes is unnecessary, dangerous, and annoys the neighbors.
    It should NOT smell like gas. Leaky intake seals cause a lean condition, not rich. The ECM would compensate with an AFV correction.

1) Does it smell like raw gas? Yummy Or does it sting your eyes like unburned combustion?

More of unburned combustion.

2) How do you know your fuel maps are "stock"?

Because I have done hundreds of remaps to this and other Buell I had, I know perfectly how to deal with TunerPro for instance, I know what maps are stock and what are not.

3) Why do you keep talking about EGO correction?

Because if Im not mistaken the EGO is there to keep the mixture stoich. And you can disable correction for idle if you want to. So I just wanted you to know that yes the correction is working before someone says “hey go see if the map is too rich at idle”.

4) What is your current AFV?

I dont know and it doesnt matter. AFV has nothing to do with closed loop area. Will connect the ecmdroid and check anyway.

5) If you are convinced its a ECM issue, load a different map (Stock muffler/Race would be a good one) and see.

I’m not.

6) What are the running parameters of your O2 on live data? Is it lazy? Is it new?
    O2 is not new, actually it is the one that came from factory. I think I should get it replaced anyway. But I’ll get a new log to check the parameters and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    another question.... if you did let it idle for an actual 20 minutes, did the cooling fan kick on at all?
    Yes it did.

This is such a weird thread. Your bike idles rich

But yay you! You have put on "hundreds of remaps" and "know perfectly how to deal with TunerPro for instance"

Ok then,

You know how to fix it. Good luck and happy riding.

Wow, you know it's a bad thread when cooter gets fed up! I'm just going to say I would expect a considerable amount of rich eye burning exhaust smell to result from running that poor thing for 20mins sitting in the garage! I fired a lightning in my basement shop for 15 seconds and my entire house smelled like buell exhaust for 2 days! Wife was furious... I kind of liked it, man potpourri!

Your probably still in trouble for that one !

My wife was at the store so I fired up XB in the house for 5 seconds to test a new exhaust, Yes open Hellfire , I opened up the sliding glass door to air out, She still knew it 1 hr later. It sounded good.

pipe7.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 12-29-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    My wife was at the store so I fired up XB in the house for 5 seconds to test a new exhaust, Yes open Hellfire ,

G damn right!!!!!!!!!!!! now that's a real rider right there. him and Cody!

Attachment 10962
    Yeah boyee! https://youtu.be/sc5QcKyRO40

It''s pretty empty now, sorry !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12