Thread: Looking for Info on 2014/2016 EBR 1190RX

Looking for Info on 2014/2016 EBR 1190RX

OK I have the BUELL BUG BAD!!!

I would like to expand my collection to include an RX. The SX doesn't work for me and I wanted some opinions. I don't plan on putting a lot of miles on the RX, it would be an addition to my collection. No plans for track days or no need for squeezing out extra HP.

Is there a list of things to look for? With such limited production and unique buyers I'm sure its a tight knit community. Is there MANDATORY mods or OBVIOUS things that should be done to the RX? I would LOVE an RS but just one too many zeros at the end of the price tag.

I recently dealt with EBR in Troy about a charging rotor and clutch actuator for an 1125 and they were GREAT! is there a concern for parts? Yes I'm a bueller and I just asked about parts concerns ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    OK I have the BUELL BUG BAD!!!

I would like to expand my collection to include an RX. The SX doesn't work for me and I wanted some opinions. I don't plan on putting a lot of miles on the RX, it would be an addition to my collection. No plans for track days or no need for squeezing out extra HP.

Is there a list of things to look for? With such limited production and unique buyers I'm sure its a tight knit community. Is there MANDATORY mods or OBVIOUS things that should be done to the RX? I would LOVE an RS but just one too many zeros at the end of the price tag.

I recently dealt with EBR in Troy about a charging rotor and clutch actuator for an 1125 and they were GREAT! is there a concern for parts? Yes I'm a bueller and I just asked about parts concerns ;-)

Thanks

You may want to direct that question to EBR directly. Seems like your past dealings with them have been GREAT!

I held off buying an 1190 due to (my perceptions of) parts concerns, but Cooter, Silverrider and some others have not had any issues with parts availbility. I think Cooter mentioned the drive sprocket being hard to find, but he's pretty confident he won't have issues. He's a pretty resourceful guy, so he's probably a great candidate for EBR ownership. Other people struggle to find intake manifold seals for a tuber.

Well, not to worry, Teabag can make a new and improved drive sprocket on his 3D printer and you'll get 100% better gas milage !

Why does the SX not work for you? You said you aren't going to track day the RX. Put clipons on the SX. Or maybe you just want the RX to fill out your collection. I can understand that.

I really like pure sports bikes, my back and knees on the other hand. The Red RX is an excellent looking bike.

Pdksh--if you have not located an RX give me a pm and I can introduce you to mine. I rarely use it. I raised the bars (speaking of backs and knees) but the bike is otherwise stock. 15,000 miles and all service and valve work done.

I currently owe 7200 on the bike and will sell for that and the heck with equity.

Opto

2014 are the most common (because they produced the most that year), but it was the first year, and as such, some of the earlier bikes have/had some issues (bad starter seal design - cheap replacement, tail piece prone to cracking under weight - '16s came with 2 piece tail design, hard clutch pull - can get the easy clutch kit or '16s come with lighter clutches, some early 14s have communication issues with the dash computer - EBR will fix that n/c last time I looked).

Other than working out kinks from the earliest runs, '16 and '17 had some newer, more desirable colors - white, midnight black, and grey.

I've got both the RX and SX, with about 6k miles on each, and I love them both.

As far as mandatory mods, if I were to get another one right now, it would be a undertail license plate mount, RS mirrors, and some kind of exhaust to get rid of the resonator.