Thread: 2003 XB9S winter project or you can part it out and double your money!

2003 XB9S winter project or you can part it out and double your money!

This bike has approximately 23-24k miles.
    Clear blue TX Title.
    Always garaged the 2 years I've had it. I've put over $2000 worth of parts and labor over the last year including new brake pads F/R, new battery, new ECM and mapping, new TPS, fresh oil change. Lubed cables and regular service by blue collar customs last spring. More stuff I can't remember until I find the service records.... I would guess I've only put 300 miles tops since adding all of the new parts.
    I was riding last spring fresh out of the shop when the power died and oil started coming out of the shaft connected to the drive sprocket/gear.
    Also 2nd gear shifter fork was already slipping when I bought it, but I could compensate by double shifting passed 2nd.
    My guess is the oil pump drive gear failed, which is common on this model.
    Cosmetically: The prior owner dropped it once on each side, resulting in scratch and small dent on left side frame and bent brake lever and small scrape on header (right side). see pics.
    Engine will start and idle in neutral when battery is recharged again. Its been about two months since I've started it. Strong engine pulls hard and could be a great ride again once the gear box is sorted. I will sell any part, but prefer to sell the whole bike for $1500 cash only ASAP.

The engine alone is selling on eBay for that much.

You could easily double your money parting it out. Call me Today before you miss this deal.
    Text or call Scott 832-804-486200N0N_lUin00gRCh2_50x50c.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nageltribe; 01-05-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: pictures added

00N0N_lUin00gRCh2_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_iR6cM3UNem1_50x50c.jpg