Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: XB8sx charge question

Thanks cooter, back up and running, that's the important thing.

Well shoot this is my 4th short ride on the xb9 since the repair was done, bike started fine but the low beam bulb was out, checked and fully charged the batter, by the time I rode 9 miles to work, both bulbs were out, called jim at V twin and he said check wires. Look ok, he said run led bulbs instead, I am wondering if it may be a fr problem , battery checks out fine. Any ideas?

By the way it is still an Xb9. Not an xb8 as stated at the start of the thread. I think the xb8 is made by Bultaco��

Dang man. Bulbs burning out are usually a sign of a bad VR allowing voltage to spike high.

I'm leaving for PHX for the week, but happy to check out the bike next weekend

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery while its running? 14.7 volts at 2500rpm is normal, any higher and I'd guess bad VR. Still.
    It's a common fault/diagnosis for most any type of motorcycle.

Your mechanic should know that immediately and not just suggest you replace the bulbs he just put in that are now both bad? Theres something in Denmark, and it don't smell so good.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-12-2019 at 03:53 AM.

I will check voltage in a.m. I did buy a tested good used vr a while back, If you are coming back from Phoenix next weekend maybe i could meet on the way back, i am off the 60/215 near Moreno Valley. Would be nervous riding the 80 miles to see you near Lax but would figure out a way if need be.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittboy View Post
    Well shoot this is my 4th short ride on the xb9 since the repair was done, bike started fine but the low beam bulb was out, checked and fully charged the batter, by the time I rode 9 miles to work, both bulbs were out, called jim at V twin and he said check wires. Look ok, he said run led bulbs instead, I am wondering if it may be a fr problem , battery checks out fine. Any ideas?
    it's quite simple: your VR has died. REPLACE IT!
    replace with new.

the correct OEM part # is Y1302.02A8
    dealer list $168.40
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-12-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks, what are the correct headlight bulbs to run in the bike?

Looks like h7, just want to be sure

Checked battery running around 15.3-15.6 at 2500rpm.

Will get the vr. Bulbs are h7.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast