Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Buell

Quote Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
    Hi, there I bought my first Buell a week ago, liking lots about it, but would like lower seat, or rather I would like more of my feet on the ground. Any ideas?
    What kind of Buell? what seat is on it now? and ya... how tall are you? Pic?

HI guys a new member looking to buy a Buell Uly. Not sure why but I rode one and loved it. Are there years that are better then others and a X or an XT? Thank for any pointers you all have it is very much appreciated...T

I have a 30" inseam. could just manage my Uly X with low seat on tiptoes but fell over a couple of times when trying to stop on uneven ground. could no longer manage after tearing my achilles tendon. Initially lowered it with shorter but stiffer springs in forks and a spacer to shorten the shock. Had to pull the forks up through the triple clamps quite a bit and got the seat custom shaved to take a little more out. Now it is manageable but suspension is not optimal, although the bike handles better with less height. Picked up a set of 2009 XB12SS forks (same as STT) which are about 1 1/2 " shorter. will probably want stronger springs. should be able to get good height by moving them up and down in the triples. Planning to get a custom shock with ride height adjustment. Just some ideas. Remember you'll need a shorter side stand and if you lower too far the Uly pegs will drag as they sit about 1" lower than on the S models.

Late to the party, but I'm in with a new to me '08 XT
    00h0h_hXJlf2xPEUx_600x450.jpg

The XT is an inch shorter in seat height, I have a 29" inseam and have had no problems with my Ully 08, I'm old and decrepit. If you want to get good with keeping your Ully from falling, I would suggest going out and buying a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200, it s extremely top heavy and even young guys with muscles drop them all the time !

HAHAHAHA
    That sure is going to make it hard to put your toes on the foot pegs!!

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12