Thread: Buell XB Stock EEPROM .xpr files

Banned

Buell XB Stock EEPROM .xpr files

Hey guys,

Can anyone please share stock EEPROM .xpr file for 2009 Buell XB12Scg US region with no catalytic converter and no vapor canister for BUE2D ECM firmware.

I have new blank ECM with BUE2D firmware and I need to upload appropriate stock calibration for my motorcycle.

Here are screenshots of the blank ECM from ECMDroid. It also shows some error codes.

My old ECM has BUEZD firmware so the new one is incompatible with my EEPROM. If somebody needs stock EEPROM .xpr file for 2009 BuellXB12Scg US region with no catalytic converter and no vapor canister for BUEZD ECM firmware here is my file I saved with ECMDroid. You probably have to set AFR to 100 after unloading it before use it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13OF...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by mrTT; 01-23-2019 at 02:45 PM.

How does a "new, blank, ECM" carry a calibration code? H-D, IDS, and maybe even EBR can look that up for you to see what program is on it.
    I have never opened a new, blank one with ECMDroid, but I would think a blank ECM wouldn't even have a firmware version, eeprom size, or even pages. Did you buy it from SPHD? Lance was installing stock programs (including BUE2D firmware) on them before he left for better pastures

Either way, since you have ECMDroid, have you tried Buelltooth.com? They collected a ton of maps in .xpr format and mostly on the latest BUE2D firmware version. If it's not on the site, shoot them an e-mail. I know they have quite a few more than posted and give them away for free to any customer. Buy a t-shirt and see

Other than that you can pay IDS or a Buell friendly H-D dealer for the privilege.

Banned
    I bought it on Ebay. They stated it is blank ECM. Maybe they uploaded something there?

Buelltooth.com does not represent any EEPROM files on their site. I will try to contact them.

I saw a post somewhere you updated your ECM firmware to BUE2D. Do you use it for 2008 or 2009 BuellXB12?
    Last edited by mrTT; 01-24-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Banned
    Good news! I bought T-shirt on BuellToot.com and they shared with me EEPROM .xpr file for 2009 Buell XB12. Thank you for saying me to contact them. Actually after they figured out that I instantly asked EEPROM file after t-shirt purchase they asked if I really need the t-shirt. So if you need stock EEPROM file ask them first, I believe they can share it with you for free

https://www.buelltooth.com/maps.html

Another good news is it works! I just burned the .xpr file with Bluetooth dongle and ECMDroid and all errors disappeared and motorcycle started with no issues.

So yes you can flash blank ECM with Bluetooth dongle and ECMDroid, no need to go to dealer or send ECM to someone. Just find EEPROM .xpr file for your motorcycle displacement, year, motorcycle region, motorcycle exhaust and your ECM firmware. ECM will work correct only if EEPROM matches the ECM firmware (aka ECM ID). You can connect ECMDroid to blank ECM and it will show you ECM ID. Then you can ask people to share EEPROM .xpr file and if they have similar ECM firmware and similar motorcycle with similar setup they can share it with you (they can save EEPROM .xpr file from their ECM with ECMDroid and send it to you).

I also contacted IDS guys and found some info in the internet and figured out usually new blank ECM already has firmware but likely does not have EEPROM on it. But it should not be an issue since you are going to find appropriate EEPROM. EEPROM .xpr file (aka calibration) is what allows ECM to work with your particular motorcycle. The only issue new blank ECM can have random firmware and likely sellers do not know which firmware is there. But I believe in most cases it should be BUE2D for new blank DDFI-3 ECMs with part number Y0152.1AMA for 08-10 BuellXB.

Here is the Stock EEPROM for BUE2D firmware for stock 2009 BuellXB12 for stock US region exhaust

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EF...ew?usp=sharing

Feel free to share your EEPROM, it might be really difficult to find appropriate EEPROM for your motorcycle. It is nice to have database with all stock EEPROM files (aka calibrations) for all Buell motorcycles for all firmware versions.
    Last edited by mrTT; 01-25-2019 at 03:18 AM.

That's apparently what the people at Buelltooth.com are trying to do

FYI, ECMDroid uses the .xpr file format like you used to change you fuel program. ECMSpy and TunerPro use a different format for the fuel tables.

So far as I know H-D is still holding tight to the firmware updater code (which is all-inclusive of the whole program including the fuel and timing tables), but a little birdie told me that is close to jailbroken as well.

Glad it worked out for you

Hehe. Mr TT said buelltoot

Yea know when it doesn't quite start the first time an Pffffffft, ya Buelltoot.

I have a 2009 xb12scg and I have maps for it for several diferent exhausts and 1 with baro configured..il have to round them up and create a link for them unless u wanna pm me and il share by text if u want....its bue2d

Do you have one for a BUE2D with K&N filter and Hawk exhaust?