Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! My 2007 XB12ss died on me

Exclamation Help! My 2007 XB12ss died on me

Hi guys,

I am new to the biking world and this forum and really hope one of you will be able to help me out!

I was riding my 07 xb12ss on the freeway, nothing crazy, just going back home when I started to feel something wrong with my throttle.
    I was giving gas but the bike didn't respond to it, making weird noises.
    I checked my dashboard and saw my speedometer and RPM going crazy, basically going all over the place, the lights on it were acting up too as they appeared very weak, then the bike literally stopped working, it completely shut down, while riding. I pressed my lever and was able to still roll without power.
    I stopped on the side of the freeway and tried to let it cool for a second, as I didnt understand what was wrong.
    I tried to start it again after 2 minutes and it worked fine, I got to go home safe and turned off the bike, but since then it hasn't even been able to start.
    so here's what happens when I try to start it. I turn the key in, the lights on the dashboard are very weak, the frontlight BARELY works, I can't hear the pump working, and when I try to push the starter, absolutely nothing happens, no click, no noise, nothing.

I would've thought that my battery was dead but I never seen a bike or car stop while on the road!
    If you can help me with this it'd be amazing.
    Thanks to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    Hi guys,

I am new to the biking world and this forum and really hope one of you will be able to help me out!

I was riding my 07 xb12ss on the freeway, nothing crazy, just going back home when I started to feel something wrong with my throttle.
    I was giving gas but the bike didn't respond to it, making weird noises.
    I checked my dashboard and saw my speedometer and RPM going crazy, basically going all over the place, the lights on it were acting up too as they appeared very weak, then the bike literally stopped working, it completely shut down, while riding. I pressed my lever and was able to still roll without power.
    I stopped on the side of the freeway and tried to let it cool for a second, as I didnt understand what was wrong.
    I tried to start it again after 2 minutes and it worked fine, I got to go home safe and turned off the bike, but since then it hasn't even been able to start.
    so here's what happens when I try to start it. I turn the key in, the lights on the dashboard are very weak, the frontlight BARELY works, I can't hear the pump working, and when I try to push the starter, absolutely nothing happens, no click, no noise, nothing.

I would've thought that my battery was dead but I never seen a bike or car stop while on the road!
    If you can help me with this it'd be amazing.
    Thanks to you all!
    Likely a battery gone bad... or you had a loose cable. Charge the battery (with a real charger not a trickle charger) and take it to get load tested. Check your grounds, and also check your charging system to ensure that it is actually charging.

On a vehicle with fuel injection, the computer and other electronics requires a certain voltage for it to work properly.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-29-2019 at 06:09 PM.

I would go with what 3419 said and check for a loose cable and check your grounds.

Thanks guys, I took my battery out and will bring it to a store to charge it or just see if it's still good just to be sure, but it seemed strange that the bike shut down while I was riding, I don't know anyone this happened to.
    I'll keep you updated anyway if anyone has the same problem as I do.

That will happen if your charging system dies. It will drain the battery while riding until it is totally dead.

X2 what Silver and everyone else said, why ?? Because the same thing happened to me !

You will find me behind door number 3 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!
    Last edited by njloco; 01-30-2019 at 12:12 PM.

No offense to fenchie personally but any thread titled "HELP!..." is bound to be a cluster-f**k.

Once you get the battery sorted, check your VR and stator with a multimeter. Ensure that your charging system is working, otherwise it will happen again. Like cooter said....

Welcome frenchie. Go to this thread and scroll down to the post by lunaticfringe. Very good detailed info. - Peace awt

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...harge-question

Isn't the 77 connector on a 12SS behind the left side air scoop ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast