Hi guys,

I am new to the biking world and this forum and really hope one of you will be able to help me out!

I was riding my 07 xb12ss on the freeway, nothing crazy, just going back home when I started to feel something wrong with my throttle.
I was giving gas but the bike didn't respond to it, making weird noises.
I checked my dashboard and saw my speedometer and RPM going crazy, basically going all over the place, the lights on it were acting up too as they appeared very weak, then the bike literally stopped working, it completely shut down, while riding. I pressed my lever and was able to still roll without power.
I stopped on the side of the freeway and tried to let it cool for a second, as I didnt understand what was wrong.
I tried to start it again after 2 minutes and it worked fine, I got to go home safe and turned off the bike, but since then it hasn't even been able to start.
so here's what happens when I try to start it. I turn the key in, the lights on the dashboard are very weak, the frontlight BARELY works, I can't hear the pump working, and when I try to push the starter, absolutely nothing happens, no click, no noise, nothing.

I would've thought that my battery was dead but I never seen a bike or car stop while on the road!
If you can help me with this it'd be amazing.
Thanks to you all!