Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little refresh

Tires and new bearings will be installed tomorrow, as well as having the bike Inspected.

I did not realize it, but I have an EBR front Rotor. The person I sold the bike to and bought it back installed that. I never noticed, it before, but my wife goes, when did you get the slotted rotor?
    and I was like what??????? O sweet
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

I went with the Conti Sport attacks. I really like the profile of the front tire. Its way more of a U than the Pilot Roads and should initiate turn in better as well as have more rubber contact at lean
    Jack-O-Lantern

Bike is inspected and new tires are installed.
    I was able to put 30 miles on it, so the tires are almost scrubbed in.
    Weather was so nice today

I can't believe how much I missed riding Jack. The Torque, it's addicting!!!!
    Jack-O-Lantern

This is exactly how I felt after a 18 year hiatus from riding ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

That's funny that your wife did notice the front disc before you.

Conti tires, I won't buy them because my front tire loses 2-3 pounds of air every day and, oddly enough one of the other guys has the exact same problem with the exact same Buell ! Both have been thoroughly checked for leaks with no results but some way the air is getting out.

I also went for a 2 1/2 hour ride yesterday, weather was beautiful, T shirt with just my leather jacket, summer gloves, only problem was my left hand ran out of juice by the time I got back.
    Last edited by njloco; 02-16-2019 at 01:33 PM.

I had that issue with both front and rear of the Michelin's I just removed. I think that is probably something other than the make of the tire. Just another reason to make sure you do a pre ride check every time.

My history is kind of unique. I sold my Buell, due to the fact that I had 4 Hip Surgeries. I have 2 Full Ceramic/Titanium hips now with the leg inserts going as far as the middle of my thigh bones.
    I thought I would never ride again. Well I was feeling well, so I bought a Ninja for a small while, to test the waters. After a while I swapped to a Yamaha FZ-07. Both were nice bikes, but I just didn't "bond" with them. So I was looking for another Buell. I found out that the person I sold Jack to, wanted to upgrade to a water cooled Buell.
    That allowed me to buy mine back.
    and here we are today.
    Swinging the leg over the seat can sometimes be a little tough, but once that's done, riding is never an issue. With the lowered foot pegs and the Helibar Triple tree, I am in a perfect riding position on the Lightning rear seat
    Jack-O-Lantern

I'd guess swinging our leg over could be tough. I'm told twisting that hip joint might be dangerous - possible dislocation. I've had my stainless steel knees for about ten years and they never caused a problem once I got the flexibility back. I guess I didn't ride for about three months but that was about the only lapse in a long time. "be careful out there"

I was also losing tire pressure with a set of Q3+'s. They recommended changing to nitrogen and that did it. The story is the pure nitrogen (N) has bigger molecules than air that won't seep through rubber as easily. Worked for me!

I also had an issue with Stella losing air rapidly on the Road 5's, but only when riding. That turned out to be the filter valve cores I had to put in because I use balancing beads. A change to regular valve stem cores or good metal caps with o-rings fixed that.

Air pressure with a good gauge is part of my daily pre-ride check now

Yes, by all means check the pressure every day in the pre ride check but it still shouldn't lose 2-3 Pounds every day like clock work. I think there was something not quite right in the sizes of the tire and the rim, it's the only thing that makes sense unless like Cooter says, the air is going through the tire rubber itself.

@Bob
    The fake hips have the same range of motion as bone hips. It's just my cranky ligaments and tendons.
    LOL

So, my digital tire gauge is going on the fritz.
    Any recommendations for a new one that fits in between the spokes?
    Jack-O-Lantern

I use this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Longacre-Stan...31566697&psc=1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast