Thread: Childhood bike pics

Childhood bike pics

Hi all,

I just came across this pic of me from 1976. Man did I love that bike...my parents gave it to me shortly after I learned to ride. Clearly I knew I wanted to ride motorcycles someday! My dad (who is no longer with us) promised me he'd get if for me when I learned to ride. I still remember him pushing me along in the park as I was learning and then turning around to see that he had let go and I was riding on my own...what a feeling! I still think of that bike as the greatest gift I ever received. If any of you have childhood pics with your bicycles (or motorcycles)...would love to see them and hear the stories!

James

James bicycle 1976.jpg

Cool picture. What a nice memory!

Thats a cool pic. If you're that young in 76, you're close to my age.... maybe a year or two older.

Yep... we ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's funny because, we have a neighbor that has almost that exact horse on a pole ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in their.......................picture window in the front of their house !

Cool picture James and very cool bicycle.

Thanks, guys! I was 7 in that pic which means I'll be turning 50 this year...same age as the first moon landing! Good times. I'm glad I grew up in a time when phones had cords, TV had 4 channels, and summers seemed to go on forever. And, here is a website that shows some better pics of the bike: https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/free_spirit/92421.