Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biker/Motorcyclist discrimination, any stories?

Other than oblivious cagers in the city trying to kill me because #twitinstabook is more important than driving, I've really only met the nicest most curious people wherever I go? I'm not exactly commuting in the ghettos of Chicago, but still...

I've done a fair number of miles on a BMW k1. First, it's a BMW and second, it's a sport bike. Like Cooter said, they try to kill you out there and like I would say in MSF classes "Ride like you mean it". Anyway, I've had the whole spectrum from HD folks. Some hated non-American bikes and non-Cruiser bikers. But one of the interesting things that happened was at Grand Teton National Park, my wife and I on that k1 encountered about a hundred Gypsy Jokers. They couldn't have been more friendly. We were quite surprised considering the reputation.

Hey, didn't I see you, Butch, and Bully's Harley's in that YouTube skit ?

We're riding our Harley's to the York PA plant, they're having some kind of shindig there. I'm on an 82 Low Rider and my friend is riding a chopper, now I live in NJ and he lives in NY, so we meet on the Jersey Turnpike at exit 9. I get there a couple of minutes before him and as he is pulling up to me waiting well off on the shoulder, a state trooper pulls up behind us and proceeds to start yelling at us for stopping there, so every question he asked us while yelling, I would yell back the answer, when he cursed at us I would yell the same curse word back at him, he finally relented and started speaking to us nicely ( I was getting ready to be locked up ). I am not putting up with crap because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
    As far as I can remember, I have never been treated badly because I was on a bike. I give the wave to all bikers, I don't really care if they wave back or not but, most seem to wave back.

A K-1! Now thats a proper Bimmer
    I just finished "A Strange and Terrible Saga" on the plane ride home yesterday. Thompson writes quite a bit about the Gypsy Jokers and their relationship to the Hell's Angels. Around here is the Mongols, and the last encounter I had with them was at the Harley River Run in Laughlin about ten years ago or so? Ya know, the one where 40 bikers fought, stabbed to death, and shot at each other? Ya, that one.

Funny article Lunatic, glad he prevailed! I got denied my name too
    Last edited by Cooter; 02-07-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Other than oblivious cagers in the city trying to kill me because #twitinstabook is more important than driving, I've really only met the nicest most curious people wherever I go? I'm not exactly commuting in the ghettos of Chicago, but still...
    I'd say that's true for me 99.9% of the time, especially when I'm on a long range ride with lots of gear strapped on my bike, but there's a small percentage out there that pre-judge based on the fact that I'm on a motorcycle. Not a big deal, just curious with other's experiences. Kill them with kindness I say.

And we certainly know to ride as though we are invisible. But wait! I found out that we aren't - necessarily. Years ago, Bob's BMW had a couple mock-up police bike BMWs. Bob had Randy and me ride them to those police bike rodeos to market BMW examples. They set up cones in a parking lot and had some real interesting competition. We learned that if you bike has those red and blue lights affixed, you are the king of the road. Everyone slows down and gives you lots of right of way.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    tag has been ISSUED! being mounted on his 2012 BMW R1200/RT which just so happens to be the worlds' finest production motorcycle. the combination of his superior steed, attention to detail, masculine prowess and breathtaking confidence will insure the utmost in both respect and reverence wherever his travels lead him.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mans...110250548.html
    HAHAHAHA. Talk about an unfortunate name.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Talk about an unfortunate name.
    Yea, unfortunate. I wonder if there's a Boobman out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    Yea, unfortunate. I wonder if there's a Boobman out there somewhere.
    I'm sure some plastic surgeon has got that plate

I have a buddy who's nickname is The Sky Penis. He's an auto industry lawyer and just bought a banana yellow Macan. Since I'm such a good friend and all around wonderful person, I thought I would gift him a vanity plate for the car.

SKYPNIS is available and approved through the California DMV Can't wait to see his wifes face when it shows up to the house!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast