Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool watch- Isle of Man TT "the space between"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    ^^^^^^^ what in God's name are you talking about????????
    If you've ever been to one of those big races, there are hundreds of young spectators there who get all pumped with testosterone and adrenaline and think they should ride like a racer. Lots of them over-do it. Some never go home. At a normal race track there is usually plenty of runoff and all kinds of safety built in. At the IOM, like they say in YouTube, there are stone walls and trees and really hard stuff to run into. These wannabe racers don't all make it around every turn safely. So sometimes more 'spectators' die than real racers. that's all.

I just read my original post. I see... If I don't stay with it and finish my message, I get timed out. So when I come back it doesn't always edit properly. I meant to say that I used to watch the videos of IOM a lot. Sometimes they report how many civilians get killed trying to be a hero. But that post did look stupid. I'm sorry. ) had nothing to do with God's name though. )
    Last edited by The Bob; 02-12-2019 at 02:40 AM.

No problem there big Bob, there are about 252 deaths of racers documented between the TT and the Manx. I highly doubt that civilian deaths come near that, I now see what you were trying to say though.

I'd definitely go on that trip. With that group we would surely have a good time.

I was in Germany in the '80s and I remember reading one year that some number of riders died - not racing. I got the impression that that might be common. We went to a few races in Europe and the fans really did get carried away. I'm sure you know what that is like.

So just now I tried to research the subject. Various articles said that anywhere between 146 and 270 participants died while racing but really no reports of non-racers.

I should pay attention to facts, huh? bob

It's all good Bob. I spend most of my time on the race track. The street isn't the place for it. Although if we had a race on the roads here in the states I would probably make every attempt at running it.

Lol Shelina Moreda is waaaaaaaay better looking than me!

Yes, sit down and watch , very entertaining !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ya know what james? i love you....i really do......but now i HATE you.
    any chance of myself...wally....huff....cody....jason.....josh.. ..levan....carlos...and maybe 10 others accompanying you? none of us have any $ so if you could finance the entire gig we'd all be eternally indebted to you. RSVP!!!!!
    PS-the mighty TEABAG wants to go as well. he just designed a 240 series tire and wheel for all entrants that he claims will dramatically lower lap times.
    If I had that kind of money, John...I'd totally spring for all of you to come along! I'm lucky that my work is taking me close enough there this June that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a detour and at least see the qualifying rounds at IOM. Nice thing about that is I should beat the crowds...and the bikes usually go faster during qualifiers. Believe me...I'll be thinking of all of you while I'm relaxing outside a pub watching the bikes go by.

Submax,

Enjoy as you say with a pint in one hand the sound, the speed its awesome

Dastardley

I was flipping through the channels today and this was on TV.

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast