Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EcmDroid

EcmDroid

Good afternoon. Prompt please, where in the program ecmdroid you can see the angle of opening of the throttle before resetting the TPS? Thank you

For TPS reading, select "data channels" then on one of the down arrows select TPS (been a while since I've used ECMDroid but I believe the reading is in degrees) Make sure you are getting live readings by twisting the throttle while key to "on" and red switch by throttle is "on". Don't give it to much thought on the reading you get though, just make a note of the reading before you attempt to reset the TPS. 03-07 XB's you will use a hex key to adjust the idle stop out while watching your phone screen for a "0" reading (if you keep backing it out it will become disconnected at the throttle body so don't back it out to far, one or two turns out after zero reading should do it (you can "feel" though the throttle grip the butterfly in the throttle body will slightly stick as it is fully closed). Now on the phone choose "active tests" then "TPS reset", go back to the adjustment screw and thread it back in to around 6 degrees (this is just the initial setting and you will adjust it again in a min). Start the bike and get it up to operating temp, once it has no cold start enrichment you will adjust the screw once more to set idle to 1050-1150 RPM, snap the throttle a couple times and make sure it comes down to the desired RPM.

Also don't worry if your TPS reading max input (WOT) only goes to 80 on DDFI2 bikes, there is nothing wrong with the TPS reading or sensor.

Thank you very much)

The bigger question is why you have to reset the TPS? Contrary to popular belief it is NOT a cure all and doesn't need to be done much if at all. You would want to do it if you took the throttle body off to replace intake seals for instance. If you have a running issue you should post up what all you are experiencing so that we can troubleshoot it. If RPM's are slow to return to idle for instance the TPS value could be set to high because it was adjusted to compensate for leaking intake seals.

TPS value is voltage reading sent from the TPS sensor to the ECM that correlates to the fueling maps (front and rear). If you were to look at these maps you will see a vertical column of TPS value by RPM row. Each cell is X TPS by X RPM = injector pulse width all in 8bit (0-255) values.

Good evening. Thanks for the reply. I want to reset the TPS because I changed the silencer. Actually, that's the only reason. You think you shouldn't?)

Silencer as in a muffler? No need to do anything TPS related, if you had a stock muffler before with the exhaust valve (XB12) you will want to disable the valve using ECMDroid so you don't have the engine icon lit on the dash.

No. I have a xb9r without a valve in the silencer. I just disassembled the silencer and changed it a bit

The other day bought the air filter K&N staged. In the end, what should I do with ECM? Or do nothing and ride? It turns out that the silencer is altered and the intake K&N

I would install the Buell 'race' program.
    Buellmods.com and Buelltooth.com both offer it for free.

Thanks, uploaded. Do not tell, how now this card, using ECM Droid to load in a motorcycle?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast