Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Break Light Sw thread count

Rear Break Light Sw thread count

I"m working on a few minor problems with my 06 Uly. Tonight I decided to tackle the Rear Break Light not coming on when I press the foot break pedal. I"m pretty sure its a switch since I applied 12v to the opened connector and the break light lit right up. I"m ready to order a new switch, but after watching this video I have a little doubt about the thread count on the switch I want to order. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akyvipx5ox0 This guy ordered 2 and I don't know why. Does anyone know... Is there a difference in thread counts between different years/models?
    Thanks for any help.

Looks like the same brake light switch for all '03-'10 XBS

https://sphdonline.com/products/h020...-xb-models-b2p

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    I"m working on a few minor problems with my 06 Uly. Tonight I decided to tackle the Rear Break Light not coming on when I press the foot break pedal. I"m pretty sure its a switch since I applied 12v to the opened connector and the break light lit right up. I"m ready to order a new switch, but after watching this video I have a little doubt about the thread count on the switch I want to order. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akyvipx5ox0 This guy ordered 2 and I don't know why. Does anyone know... Is there a difference in thread counts between different years/models?
    Thanks for any help.
    that's because the guy in the vid was trying to fit a generic aftermarket switch to his XB and didn't even know the diameter and pitch of the OEM switch. sometimes a blast of brake cleaner and compressed air into the pressure port of the switch brings it back to life but NOT worth the time and effort.
    nice grab by cooter....OEM part # is H0203.02A8 suffix B2P.....list is $21.90...infinite amount left in system. just replace it.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 02-18-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ward: that's because the guy in the vid was trying to fit a generic aftermarket switch to his XB and didn't even know the diameter and pitch of the OEM switch. sometimes a blast of brake cleaner and compressed air into the pressure port of the switch brings it back to life but NOT worth the time and effort.
    nice grab by cooter....OEM part # is H0203.02A8 suffix B2P.....list is $21.90...infinite amount left in system. just replace it.
    You're right, generic aftermarket. Good catch and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Looks like the same brake light switch for all '03-'10 XBS

https://sphdonline.com/products/h020...-xb-models-b2p
    I don't see a Banjo Bolt in the picture. Do you know if a banjo bolt is included with the Rear Brake Sw? Is it really necessary to change the banjo bolt?

The brake light switch is the banjo bolt. That's why you need to know thread pitch for an aftermarket replacement.

Yes, you will need to bleed the brakes
    Last edited by Cooter; 02-15-2019 at 04:24 PM.

The brake light switch is the banjo bolt. That's why you need to know thread pitch for an aftermarket replacement.

Yes, you will need to bleed the brakes
    Ah, OK now I get it. Thx. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the order. Only other thing I see that I need to order are the Copper Washers.

Clean the washers well and they can be re-used once or twice as long as some ham handed wrench turner didn't over torque them. Alternatively you can get a whole box of assorted sizes from Harbor Freight for a couple bucks. Nice to have around the shop.

Clean the washers well and they can be re-used once or twice as long as some ham handed wrench turner didn't over torque them. Alternatively you can get a whole box of assorted sizes from Harbor Freight for a couple bucks. Nice to have around the shop.
    Thanks Cooter, but I already have them on order. Cheap parts, can't go wrong replacing them.

I was a little surprised to see the Uly needs Type E Fork oil. Do all Buells use Type E? Isn't Type E for softer suspensions? Hey! since the "what are the best tires" and "what is the best synthetic oil" threads are all worn out, how about "what is the best Fork Oil"?

Fork oil should be specific "Fork oil", but the oils weight can be used as a tuning tool for your geared up weight and riding style.

Are your fork adjustments near the limit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast