Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What other skills do you have?

Even taught Bubbles how to ride this weekend. She's been asking for awhile

Rented a new little BMW 310R from the Eagle Rider down the street and laughed out loud when he asked if I wanted zero deductible insurance for $35. "HELL YES I do!" was not the answer he expected

We went to a long, deserted, dead end in the 'hood and spent a half hour going over controls, functions, clutch drills, and away she went. She used to ride a fast sport quad (Honda 400EX) in the sand before, but never a bike. Took to it like a methhead likes copper! Got a lot done in 2 days and we'll go back out next weekend for a re-fresher and hill-starts. Next step is the MSF course, which ironically I need to do as well. My M1 endorsement I've had since 16yo, fell off somehow when I got my Florida license, so technically I'm not supposed to be riding, lol.
    I'm thinking of showing up on the EBR and pretending not to know how to ride... wheelie across the parking lot screaming at the top of my lungs... AAAHHHHHHHH!!! Could be hilarious? Could get me arrested. Sounds like fun

Hey all,
    Mostly hobby carpentry here: I like making custom dice boxes for Dungeons and Dragons players out of exotic woods : ) Else, I sing a bunch in a quartet and a chorus, work on the house fairly well along with the cars and truck. Still learning about the X1, and about to get back into archery! : )

-Yodes

I taught kids to fly attack helicopters, Cobra's, until the Apache got here then I taught that for 11yrs and retired to build a business, made fake rocks ... got into racing. Been racing at Bonneville since 1998 with an old junk Camaro and a Modified sports car. bout 8yrs ago I got into teaching kids to fly helicopters as a contractor. loved the job but it was a job!!! retired again last March.

Have always dappled in houses and build out a building for a friend of mine to have a motorcycle shop in. he was there 11yrs total and now I'm keeping the doors open until I meet the New owners... ( my goal is to have a motorcycle shop in town... that I don't run )

taught the MSF course for several years... truly love teaching mechanical skills You do this right and she's a rider for life!!! good for you!

Fun answer to a common issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Turk View Post
    I taught kids to fly attack helicopters
    Oh HELL no. That has always been my example for how hard a driving instructors job is. "Well, at least you're not crazy enough to be a helicopter instructor..." Yikes man, you have my respect for your nerves of steel!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Turk View Post
    You do this right and she's a rider for life!!!
    Since that post, she graduated MSF with a perfect score and "student of the month" lol, bought a non-running Blast (she restored herself), an '07 XB12-Scg, A '20 Ninja 400, a half dozen track days, probably 10K miles in our local mountain roads, and we are leaving on the 4th for a 3 week road trip from So Cal to Portland, OR. Ya, she's a happy lifer

Wow that sounds like an epic moto trip. We recently drove up PCH from the Bay Area up to Humboldt County and through southern Oregon to Crater Lake... All I kept thinking while driving was how good these roads would be on my bike.

Enjoy your trip!

I taught my wife to both ride and drive the race car.... On a Wednesday she set a record at 251mph at Bonneville, we got home on Saturday and she wrecked her Blast, on the way out of a parking lot after dinner, 100% my fault... I had her following me... mistake #1 slight uphill right turn #2 heavy traffic that I jumped into #3-4... Scared her and she's never riden again. Really bummed about it, decided to learn how to teach correctly and took the instructors course. ( she didn't even scuff her hands .. )..

Cooter if you’re interested I’ll buy the two of you a beer if you will ride fifteen minutes north of Portland to Vancouver during your trip.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast