Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What other skills do you have?

What other skills do you have?

Us Buellers seem to be a special bunch Self starters, hands on, and creative.

That got me thinking. As a Buell-fan, what's our group skillful at? What would you like to be able to do better? Does everyone do the nun-chucking like Bruce BuellyBagger Lee does? Haha

For me, it's purely blue-collar mechanical diagnostics. My mom has stories of Christmas evening all my toys wold be taken apart, much to her chagrin! But eventually it would all be either re-assembled or re-purposed into things like a RF remote control for a servo to the light switch in my room. #stilllazy
    Anyone can take something apart, my joy is to assemble a mechanical object correctly.

Currently I'd like to play my guitars better. I get by, but feel like a poser with a bass, banjo, and slide guitar on the wall that are too dusty

Thanks for the shout out there coot! I'll go first, as a huge asshole, I'm always learning to fix/repair or restore anything I can so I dont have to pay some other hack to f'it up. I'm a pretty good rough carpenter, have installed plenty of doors and windows. Got a bit of plumbing experience as I was a yard sprinkler installer for a few years and do all my own plumbing @ home. I reckon there isn't much I can't learn to do, sometimes it just comes down to whether or not it's cheap enough to pay someone else to do it! I guess I'm also a camper and boat
    repairman....20180720_152552.jpg20180526_083004.jpg
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-17-2019 at 08:02 PM.

And I can build one hell of a chicken coop addition 20181020_182347.jpg

Fixed the attachment nj!
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-18-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Too bad you don't know computers, the link don't work !
    Don't feel bad, I don't know them either.
    Unfortunately, everything I used to be very good at I now suck at, and the older I get, the more I suck. Also , everything I used to do all day, now takes me all day to do !
    I'm still pretty good with mechanical things, Shooting was probably number 1, firearms and archery. Physical abilities, very good coordination with exceptional eyesight (That's probably why I could shoot so well) was pretty good at the arts, not so much anymore but I could probably get myself out of trouble if I had to.
    I'm trying to teach myself to play the guitar again, I used to play a 12 string acoustic back in the sixties, it's so much harder now.
    I used to run a dam smooth train and could get all 7 computers back up and running though I really don't know how I did it. Only got totally stuck a couple of times and that was when the train really had something major wrong with it.
    I could still do stuff with a car that would make most cry, ( had a friend that was a stunt man for the movie industry ) and I can still navigate a bike through heavy traffic pretty good.
    Speaking of the guitar, let me go practice a little.

You guys are too much for me. But I love work. I can sit and watch it all day.

Computer Nerd by Trade here.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Too bad you don't know computers, the link don't work !
    Don't feel bad, I don't know them either.

Lol. I'm pretty close to this guy with my computer skills.

I was always so busy with my jobs and job traveling that I rarely had time to mess around with too much outside of work, but since retiring at 55 I'm slowly moving into a mode where I don't mind tearing into projects. I do have 22 years experience working on aircraft, and am not a stranger to tools, but working on aircraft was pretty structured and easy in comparison to working on motorcycles. I'm not especially curious about taking things apart like Cooter sounds to be. I'm more along the lines of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.
    Anyway, I'm starting to enjoy piddling around the bikes and garage more and more and I sure do appreciate the help available on this website and admire the patience from the knowledgeable ones.

I am a computer geek because I can make more money than construction or the trades with less effort (for me at least). The logical side of me took to electronics, then computers quickly. I can fix just about any computer or electronic device (for the more complicated stuff I need a schematic). My adopted dad started me in electronics by teaching me to repair TV's, mixers, AMP's and stereo's for his shop.

I am also a person who can build just about anything. My drywall and mudding skills are somewhat rusty, but it was a passion when I was young and helped me put food in my mouth when I was 13. I seem to have a knack for construction and have rebuilt my entire house except for the foundation work (my concrete is usually too runny) from just about the ground up. Plumbing, wiring, framing, finishing, etc. I've done it all. Minus the foundation, I have built several houses, sheds and workshops.

I can also wrench. Something I never knew about until I completely tore down and rebuilt a 1975 Rover 3500S (That DeDion Tube was amusing and totally foreign to me). I can fix almost anything, but still prefer to have certain things done by professionals especially my 2 wheeled vehicles.

I also have a knack for all things percussion. I took to drums quickly and with a little practice can learn to play any type of music. I can also play most wind instruments and some stringed instruments (learned violin but struggle with a guitar. Go figure).

Woodworking is also a love of mine, but I have not had the chance to create anything in a long time and I'm getting anxious to start working on something. Once I finish my sportster rebuild I'll have more time to play.

Talent!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast