Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What other skills do you have?

A freaking helicopter?! I knew this thread would provide...

Thats a heck of a bucketlist, congrats!

Cool chopper !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYTWEbGWWe8

Here's my other skill. I did this for 12 years after retiring from the Navy. Launch Conductor for Delta and Atlas rockets. Doesn't come in handy for much of anything these days, especially on motorcycles. This one is a Delta IV Heavy.

A freaking helicopter?! I knew this thread would provide...
    RIGHT?! My father in law, 2 of my wife's uncles, and her brother are all pilots (crop dusting). Her dad has a helicopter, I've been on a couple rides in. They're freaking cool and lil scary at the same time.
    That cool stuff for sure Antioch!

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYTWEbGWWe8

Here's my other skill. I did this for 12 years after retiring from the Navy. Launch Conductor for Delta and Atlas rockets. Doesn't come in handy for much of anything these days, especially on motorcycles. This one is a Delta IV Heavy.
    You would be surprised how much that kind of responsibility and discipline has to do with how you perform any task,, I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years. Nothing like a launch conductor, I have to say you are the first person I know of with that skill,,,, hats off to you. You top them all on carrier day...

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    RIGHT?! My father in law, 2 of my wife's uncles, and her brother are all pilots (crop dusting). Her dad has a helicopter, I've been on a couple rides in. They're freaking cool and lil scary at the same time.
    That cool stuff for sure Antioch!
    Thanks,,,, definitely the hardest thing I have ever attempted,,, and I can't even pat my head and rub my belly at the same time !!

Quote Originally Posted by antioch01 View Post
    You would be surprised how much that kind of responsibility and discipline has to do with how you perform any task,, I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years. Nothing like a launch conductor, I have to say you are the first person I know of with that skill,,,, hats off to you. You top them all on carrier day...
    Thanks, I have to say that for any profession I've had and would want to be remembered for it would have to be for my service in the Navy. 22 years. I'd be nothing today if it wasn't for a patient, forgiving Navy. Really got me on the right track at a young age.

I give life advice to people, usually unsolicited... too bad I don't listen to it!

[QUOTE=34nineteen;609844]I give life advice to people, usually unsolicited... too bad I don't listen to it!

Hilarious!

I spent an hour in the shop welding some scrap metal together:

e-Bayed some vintage Kryptonics wheels:

and bolted on an old skateboard deck:

Time to THRASH! haha

JK. I have enough grey hair to know I'll kill myself if I get trucks for it and pretend I'm 16 again... But I do need a place to sit my butt on when I creak down to put on my shoes.

Kinda artsy for me, and it sure isn't as cool like collecting launch keys but it turned out neat!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast