Thread: Replacement kickstand

Replacement kickstand

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my kickstand. It decided it needed a break from life and left my XB9SX when I was out riding. When I got home to inspect what happened it looks like both bolts that attach the pivot plate to the bike have sheared clean off (highlighted in attached diagram). Getting access to those bolts to tap and remove them is a daunting task so I am hoping there is some interim solution that would be possible. I have looked around for aftermarket kickstands and have come up with only a couple products that I am quite certain won't work.

Here are the two products I was looking at. I believe the swingarm on the buell is far too big to work with these but it's the general type I think could work.
    https://amzn.com/B07CJWYZ47/
    https://amzn.com/B01MY5NHNA/

Does anyone know of an aftermarket kickstand that will work with this bike that doesn't make use of the old mounting hardware?

Thank you for your time.

The part in question (bolt 18):
    KCIRMDD.jpg

Buy a used oe kickstand. Have a mech fix the broken bolts 4 u .

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Buy a used oe kickstand. Have a mech fix the broken bolts 4 u .
    Thats definitely on the cards although I'm very confident I can fix the bolts myself. Id very much like to avoid paying a mechanic as I'm a bit strapped for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    want to know how i do this repair the simplest, easiest and most expeditious way possible?????

and if your side stand is NOT already so equipped....you absolutely most order: OEM SERVICE KIT L0174.4A8 SUFFIX L18C & N0425.02A8 SUFFIX B2M.....FOR A PROPER REPAIR.
    I would like to know, thats the goal here is both simplicity and expediency. Thanks for the part numbers will make sure to order those if it comes to that.

I wonder if I dont care how it looks if I could just JBweld a mounting bracket somewhere flat lol. The day the epoxy failed would be one crappy day though.