Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner

New owner

I just bought an 08 XT from Kissell Motorsports in Central PA. I should have written this before I wrote the check, but is anyone familiar with this bike and does anyone have any advice?

Tell us more show us the add , pics . Welcome You dont need 2 posting .

First off...welcome. It would kinda help if you could be a tad more specific. Do you know of an existing problem with the bike? I realize that you're excited to finally own one of the best bikes on the planet. I would suggest downloading a manual and reading to your hearts content.

Here's a link: http://buellmods.com

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy.

here is the link to the ad on cycle trader:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...2XT-5006223933

Thanks, The Bob, that's the bike. Thanks, Iancruza. I was really sold on having one after learning about Erik Buell's story. I also like that rts are available, and that I can work on the bike. I'll be the third owner. The second owner sold it after only a year for a new Beemer. I'm curious as to why. I hope that it's not because it's a problem child. That's why I'm asking. Maybe the original owner is a member and can fill me in. My last bike was an ST1300 and I'm in the process of bringing a Commando and 68 Bonneville back to life. I love the thud of the Buell. Best bike on the planet... sounds great!

This is what the dealer had to say about it. "The bike runs great and has been very well maintained.* New rear wheel bearings (upgraded to the bearings that Buell went to on the '09's), new drive belt, new O2 sensors and a new voltage regulator are a couple of the maintenance items that have been performed (in addition to routine oil changes).*"

Hey Dawg... the dealer told me pretty much the same thing: Hi Bob and thanks for your interest in our Ulysses. The bike is still available and runs great. You're right, cosmetically it's simply ok..we spend some time cleaning it up and it actually looks better than in the video. I'd probably score it a 6 out of 10. Mechanically it's sound, we have the original owners manual and technical literature. It's a two owner bike and the original owner had the rear wheel bearings upgraded. Evidently in '09, Buell went to a better bearing to handle the torque of the engine and drive train. The O2 sensors were recently replaced and the drive belt is new. The oil was changed 1,000 miles ago. As you're probably aware, there's not much else to do to those engines. The valves are hydraulic, so there's never a valve check/adjust. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.

I not aware of the bearings being "upgraded" besides the 3-bearing rear wheel and axle in 2010, thats a cool upgrade though.
    Same goes for O2 sensor(s). Is there is a sensor in the front primary pipe like the 2010's? The sensor isn't a maintenance item.

It's also unusual they know so much about it's past service history. Either all the work was done at that dealer (rare and good to find out), or a tech of theirs owned it.

I've been reading the threads and it seems the O2 sensors, although not a maintenance item, can cause problems. So hopefully they were changed a ne hopefully it has the 2010 wheel. Guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast