Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner

Welcome Dawg,

I upgraded my 08 wheel bearings by fitting the SKF Bearings I too had not heard of an 09 modification but the SKF bearing conversion is well known along with the newer belt and free spirit tensioner with SKF bearings fitted to the pully. sounds like you have some other good bikes as well.

Dastardley

Is there a definitive way to tell a 3 bearing rear wheel from a 2 bearing wheel, by looking at one (installed on a bike)? Or do you have to pull the axle and take a look-see inside?

My understanding is that only the 2010s have it , unless the hub was moded and a new axle.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Is there a definitive way to tell a 3 bearing rear wheel from a 2 bearing wheel, by looking at one (installed on a bike)? Or do you have to pull the axle and take a look-see inside?
    YES! ONLY the 3-bearing rear wheel assembly has a visible spacer and dust seal on the brake rotor side. clearly visible with wheel mounted. items 1&2 in schematic.5820_20100910124152_L.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 03-01-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Dastardly - great handle.

Damn double poster! My mistake.🙄 I'll have to look for that thread. Josh was clear about a possible bearing upgrade... I'm just hopeful. 10 step program...I'll do a search. My plan is to put it in the garage and go through it before I ride it. This forum will be invaluable. Thanks

The bike was delivered this morning. I didn't have any protective gear with me, but I took a short ride anyway. It's a daily rider to be sure, but its exactly what I have been looking for. I have a couple of questions. I'll figure out how to post photos and ask em.

Easiest way to upload pictures to a forum is to use an external Image hosting website.
    I use imgbb.com

Once you upload your pictures to this website, you can click the drop down for links and choose the BBCode. Copy that code to a post here and voila. Pictures will appear.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Thank u, Lusiphur!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12