Thread: torque wrench question

torque wrench question

06 Uly... i just replaced my rear brake light switch. I need to torque the switch to 16-20 ft-lbs. This type of fitting requires using a crows foot to torque. If I use a crows foot rather than a socket is the value still 16-20 ft-lbs? If not, does anyone know what it is? Not enough difference to worry about? I did replace the copper washers.

Not enough lever distance to worry about. Use the lower end of the spec if you're worried about it

And kudos to you for using that tool! Most Buellers tool boxes look like this:

Thanks Cooter! Getting this old Uly back in serviceable condition... Next comes the Clutch cable replacement.

Sounds like you'll be ready to bring it east in the spring !

You can also put a little blue Loctite on it to make sure.

That sounds great, a clutch cable is an easy swap. You don't even need to remove the primary
    Follow the service instructions exactly and remember its all a light touch, especially the adjustments! Seen to many covers stripped from over tightening

That's ok if you do, I have a super clean primary cover I can sell you.

It's been raining here on the central coast of California so much, (it's raining as I write this), that I ought to complete all indoor motorcycle projects before the winter is over. It's hard to complain when seeing what people in the northeast USA are going thru this winter, but geez, I've never seen so many rain storms. Puts a real damper on riding.

Kenny, I left the SS back in Lake Luzerne. We'll have to get together again this summer for some Adirondack Buell terrorization.

Oh, so it's the Ully your working on or did you get a new toy ?

Actually, it's been a good winter here in NJ so far, not too much snow ! Rather have the rain, that is for sure. We're actually getting hammered right now, supposed to snow until early tomorrow morning. I hear you guys on the west coast are getting a lot rain, when I lived in California back it 1978, I saw the most rain I have ever seen, mud slides all over the place, houses falling off cliffs, it really sucked.

Yes, scooting around the Adirondacks is really nice, we'll stop off at that ice cream place again.

Haha, I remember the ice cream stop. Good times. No, not a new one. I brought the Uly back to Ca, and left the SS in NY. Someday winter will be over. Lots of rain. One town up north was under 8 ft of water a couple days ago. Crazy.
    Stay in touch and we’ll hit the Adks again this summer.