Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
You mentioned Q3's seem like "overkill" I'm assuming you must not ride hard on the street, if that's the case then I truly applaud you. Seriously, the street is not the place for it!!!!! If you tend to push it sometimes on a back road then the word "overkill" is just plain stupid. Buy junk tires and push the envelope and let me know how the wire brush in the emergency room feels! I will be running Q4's on the track this upcoming season, why? They get up to race temperature within 3 corners, without warmers! I feel as though the Conti sport attacks are the best priced Hypersport tire money can buy for a sport oriented street machine that sometimes gets "pushed". Like everyone else said, we all have our favorite brands. Only you know what's right for you. Hope this helps.....edit: apologies, someone else said overkill.
I don't think I ride all that hard. Front does come off the ground and so does the back, but not all that often. If weather permits, I'll ride to work which is about 35 miles one way, so it would be nice not to square off the back in 2 month worth of riding.
I would really like to try Q3+, but don't want to have to change out the back tire by mid July. Between two bikes, I have put on 5,000 miles on my Buell last season.