Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New tires

53604806_10158193537459428_2217292371391938560_n.jpg

Or you can go with the middle of the road Wu-tang shinko!! The best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    I can see you were having trouble. That's why I linked you to the Buell Tire Poll to help you out. You're welcome.
    Last post on that thread was from couple years back.
    Pilots 3s and 2s mention quite a bit, seems dated.
    Either way thanks.

Cossak84: Everyones having a little fun because the question is impossible to answer and has little to do with Buells specifically. Tires are like opinions, the only one that matters is yours.

The only tire that is right for YOU, is the tire thats right for YOU.

I have 3 motorcycles and have 4 different tires for them.
    The EBR has Q3+ for super sticky, 100% confidence, still all weather but I'll have to get a new set every 3K.
    The XB has TKC-80's on it now for knobbily fun but has an extra set of wheels with Pilot Road 5's for much better straight line longevity, and still edge to edge traction (Love them). Got 5k on them now and they look brand new!
    The Brutalé has Rosso II's on it. Had them on XB's before, A great sticky tire that lasts a little longer for a little less $.

What kind of oil is in your primary?
    LOL, JK, don't answer that

Angel01.jpg

I am happy with Angel GT on my EBR1190

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    Last post on that thread was from couple years back.
    Pilots 3s and 2s mention quite a bit, seems dated.
    Either way thanks.
    Michelin is still selling the same Pilot 3 and 2CT tires in those categories..... What's your point?

[QUOTE=Cooter;610088]Cossak84: Everyones having a little fun because the question is impossible to answer and has little to do with Buells specifically. Tires are like opinions, the only one that matters is yours.

Kinda like what color hair looks prettiest on a women. It's brunete of course, but opinions may vary slightly.

You mentioned Q3's seem like "overkill" I'm assuming you must not ride hard on the street, if that's the case then I truly applaud you. Seriously, the street is not the place for it!!!!! If you tend to push it sometimes on a back road then the word "overkill" is just plain stupid. Buy junk tires and push the envelope and let me know how the wire brush in the emergency room feels! I will be running Q4's on the track this upcoming season, why? They get up to race temperature within 3 corners, without warmers! I feel as though the Conti sport attacks are the best priced Hypersport tire money can buy for a sport oriented street machine that sometimes gets "pushed". Like everyone else said, we all have our favorite brands. Only you know what's right for you. Hope this helps.....edit: apologies, someone else said overkill.20180609_093107.jpg I took that pic of some assclown in white group on a Ducati, probably towed said bike to the trsck behind a Porsche suv!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 03-03-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Cossak84: Everyones having a little fun because the question is impossible to answer and has little to do with Buells specifically. Tires are like opinions, the only one that matters is yours.

The only tire that is right for YOU, is the tire thats right for YOU.

I have 3 motorcycles and have 4 different tires for them.
    The EBR has Q3+ for super sticky, 100% confidence, still all weather but I'll have to get a new set every 3K.
    The XB has TKC-80's on it now for knobbily fun but has an extra set of wheels with Pilot Road 5's for much better straight line longevity, and still edge to edge traction (Love them). Got 5k on them now and they look brand new!
    The Brutalé has Rosso II's on it. Had them on XB's before, A great sticky tire that lasts a little longer for a little less $.

What kind of oil is in your primary?
    LOL, JK, don't answer that

I'm starting to lean toward either Pirelli Angel gt or Michelin Pilot Road4. Road 5 tires look great, and its probably a better in this category, but the price is a quite a bit more then the Road 4 or Angel GT.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Michelin is still selling the same Pilot 3 and 2CT tires in those categories..... What's your point?
    There are Pilot Road 4 and Road 5 out.
    The point is, your post, just like my google search, is full of dated information.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast