Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at my first Buell

as far as i know the mileage is stored in the gauge cluster on XB's

Something doesn't sound right, my 2007 had 617 miles on it purchased from the original owner, with the exception of some scratches and wood dust all over it, everything worked perfect and it's all original !
    If you end up looking at it, check the exhaust manifold collars, mine are still silver in color with no discoloration at 2000 miles but never driven in any bad weather as yet.

10 years old is 10 years old. Who knows?

Yes the mileage is stored in the (edit: gauge cluster) and will be re-set with whatever cluster you bolt on it, "0" if new.

It would be impossible to hide all the damage from a salt water flood, but I doubt the fuel pump would be a victim. Probably just ran dry so many times from sitting, and re-starting, and sitting, and re-starting.

It's HELL on a bike to sit like that. Started with a half-dead battery, old gas, old acidic oil, revved in neutral while cold, overheating the charging system and filling the injectors with junk, dry seals, clutch clamped together for months or years at a time, old rubber, yikes
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-12-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    10 years old is 10 years old. Who knows?

Yes the mileage is stored in the ECM and will be re-set with whatever cluster you bolt on it, "0" if new.

It would be impossible to hide all the damage from a salt water flood, but I doubt the fuel pump would be a victim. Probably just ran dry so many times from sitting, and re-starting, and sitting, and re-starting.

It's HELL on a bike to sit like that. Started with a half-dead battery, old gas, old acidic oil, revved in neutral while cold, overheating the charging system and filling the injectors with junk, dry seals, clutch clamped together for months or years at a time, old rubber, yikes

Yes the mileage is stored in the ECM and will be re-set with whatever cluster you bolt on it, "0" if new

this is wrong. all XB mileage stored in gauge cluster only.

Oops. I had been typing "ECM" so many times.... I edited, now the sentence makes sense, thanks Lunatic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12