Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Any last ideas before I dive into the world of custom tunes?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    edit the third LOL, with some better data. (I hope you take this as me being curios and not trying to challenge or undermine anyone) I'm simply talking about acceleration correction and how I think it applies here.

    lowkey perhaps you can explain those screen grabs with engine accelerating and acceleration correction at 0?

    Here is throttle quickly opened to 255, acceleration correction kicks in.



    But instead of acceleration correction following RPM of the motor and increasing with it, its gradually falling off.



    Here is a grab showing that acceleration does not follow rmp of the motor at all.



    What am I missing here? Again if I read tuning guide correctly, acceleration correction does not care for what engine does, but only follows average position of the throttle. Once average is equal to current, acceleration correction is zeroed out. ?
    Last edited by cossack84; 06-22-2019 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #92
    Senior Member lowkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bullhead AZ
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    Yes lowkey, that makes perfect sense.

    For the timing map request...

    I missed a "27" Apparently I don't hit that cell a lot. Also my CSE enrichment. I rode in 30 degree weather and bike started better then 'stock'. YMMV
    Good, glad my rambling came out understandable. Haha

    Timing map request? I don't follow, is this a question?

    "I missed the 27" again I don't follow what you are asking here? Are you referring to the value at TPS 30 RPM 2000? I would be hitting this cell riding away from a stop light or 3rd gear side street cruising most likely in a log, I'd assume this goes for most too.

    "I rode in 30 degree weather and bike started better then 'stock'. YMMV" what is this in reference to? Did you make a change that worked for the better? Did Mike make the changes in those two screen grabs? Care to share your EEPROM? Mike left the buell scene right around when I bought mine, I've tried to read up on all his hard work but with forums going away that he posted in all I have are a handful of screen grabs of his knowledge.

    As for making use of 2 02 sensors, sure you can do that in a number of configurations, If you have 2 WB's you will still have to run 02 off in the ECM but you can do as I mentioned and input on one of the unused pins on the ECM as your second input then you will need to set up the software you plan to work with to make use of this second input for 02 data. You could run 2 NB's front and rear too and run CL but the ECM will not adjust the front cylinder or make changes from that input (unless the bike is DDFI3 with BUE2D IIRC? firmware, then front 02 sensor can be activated for feedback within the ECM). Nice that you have these items, why not install them? Would streamline the tuning process greatly!
    I actually have 3 bungs welded on my header 1 on the front in the stock location on last year Buell made headers, 1 stock rear location that the NB always lives in and another down stream bung on the rear, I can hot swap the WB back and forth on these 2 I added as they are easy to access. I can also compare NB and WB on the rear once I wire a second input into the ECM, right now I just plug into the stock NB input whatever bung I plan to log out of.

    I will clear my inbox if you want to PM me again.
    Last edited by lowkey; 06-21-2019 at 08:55 AM.

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Did a log on a ride home from work. I think I might have found a reason for crappy low throttle jerking in my bike. It looks like deceleration fuel cut off kicks in if load is less then 19 and speed below certain rmp.
    Here is a screen grab of deceleration region and percentage of fuel cut. (If someone could post that table from their bike that has smooth low throttle that would be great, lowkey?)



    I made changes shown in red below



    Here is a log with fuel cut as soon as the load fell below 19



    I'll take it for a ride some time ad let you know if that helped my crappy low load throttle.
    Last edited by cossack84; 06-22-2019 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    15
    I finally got up the gumption last week to generate a new map and load it onto the bike thanks to help and advice from you guys! I haven't been able to put much more time into it but did go on a long open-loop ride with that tune, and used that log to generate another new map. It didn't ride any smoother at low load, but I'm too early in the process to get discouraged yet and I did notice the largest cell change value was about half what it was the first time so that's indicating progress!

    Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    Here is a log with fuel cut as soon as the load fell below 19

    I'll take it for a ride some time ad let you know if that helped my crappy low load throttle.
    I didn't notice this in my log the first time around, but I'll have to go back and look for this same effect. Mine is rough into log sections where load is in the 20s and 30s too, so I'm guessing this isn't my issue.

  5. #95
    Senior Member lowkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bullhead AZ
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    edit the third LOL, with some better data. (I hope you take this as me being curios and not trying to challenge or undermine anyone) I'm simply talking about acceleration correction and how I think it applies here.



    lowkey perhaps you can explain those screen grabs with engine accelerating and acceleration correction at 0?

    Here is throttle quickly opened to 255, acceleration correction kicks in.



    But instead of acceleration correction following RPM of the motor and increasing with it, its gradually falling off.



    Here is a grab showing that acceleration does not follow rmp of the motor at all.



    What am I missing here? Again if I read tuning guide correctly, acceleration correction does not care for what engine does, but only follows average position of the throttle. Once average is equal to current, acceleration correction is zeroed out. ?
    Yellow line TPS? White line RPM? and Red line acceleration enrichment? Correct? First screen grab shows enrichment at 10% TPS 191... falls below TPD 80-85 degree threshold. Second and third show no correction because TPS 255 is above/at threshold TPD 85 degrees no enrichment needed as per the table in the EEPROM.

  6. #96
    Senior Member rb70383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    316
    Someone above asked me to post my timing map, in reference to low rpm stutter...timing map request.

    lowkey, yes Mike did my reflash, burned the race EEPROM. I can post my EEPROM if wanted. Only thing is mine is an 03. BUECB 1 year only ECM iirc, well firmware wise.

    On my CSE, yes changes did make improvements. Smoothing the wonky timing map helps significantly. At least in my case. I would have to see what changes I made. I added more fuel at colder temps. had the enrichment taper off more slowly as well. This is with a NB. So I did small adjustments then evaluate. The dual WB setup was last winters project. However I decided to disassemble my new EBR instead.

    I have a 12 header with dual bungs as well. That was before I found 9 headers with dual bungs.

    I don't think I have any spare pins on my ECM....{flips through internet pages}...I have one. Black connector pin 9. Exhaust valve. That would be my unsed pin, and this would allow a front o2 to be datalogged correct? The ECM wouldnt use it to adjust just log. How would I make sure that the pin is configured correctly?

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Yellow line TPS? White line RPM? and Red line acceleration enrichment? Correct? First screen grab shows enrichment at 10% TPS 191... falls below TPD 80-85 degree threshold. Second and third show no correction because TPS 255 is above/at threshold TPD 85 degrees no enrichment needed as per the table in the EEPROM.
    I dont think thats it man, here are few shots of TPD below 80-85 degrees and no enrichment.





    This is a good one, RPM go from ~2658 to ~4972 and acceleration enrichment cuts out at 3136 RPM. Wonder whats going on here?TPD around 71 to ~65.



    Last edited by cossack84; 06-26-2019 at 12:01 AM.

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    Someone above asked me to post my timing map, in reference to low rpm stutter...timing map request.
    That was me. Your timing map in idle region doesn't look all that different from mine.




Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •