Thread: Clutch Switch or Crank Position Sensor.

Clutch Switch or Crank Position Sensor.

On my way back from work it started to rain.. I was 10min away from home so I continued riding in the rain. The next morning I started the bike.. Everything seem fine, but as soon as I'm in the first gear, the bike dies. So i tried giving more gas and toggle clutch the bike runs again, but when I come to a red light stop, it refuses to move again after lots of clutch toggle.. It moves.. I was getting symptoms as described here https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...70-Dying-Issue. I looked up amazon for a CPS, while at that. I took out the wire connected to my clutch handle and use a jumper to bridge the connectors together... The bike now runs normal except for it starts now in gear..

Bike is an xb9sx 2009

Is it still safe to replace CPS? or just the clutch switch.

So, this morning on my way to work, I got warning light, I hooked up to ecmdroid and I got error "clutch short to ground/broken" yeah, which is understandable 'cos I bridged the connectors. But then I tried bypassing the clutch switch using the Ecmdroid but the option was grayed out.. What should I do from here?