Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any last ideas before I dive into the world of custom tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    lowkey,

Where do you go in TunerPro to disable closed loop to lock the ECM? Also thank you for explaining this in good detail.
    I use ECMDroid to datalog. I will have to find how I was turning the O2 sensor on and off for the ECM to adjust off of. I just looked in ECMDroid but the option is grayed out. In old version of ECMSpy there is a check box to turn it off or on. I had a look through TunerProRT and cant find it. While I was digging for it I found a table for front cylinder correction which is interesting, looks like 2% is added at normal operating temperature and goes up from there. Probably a good idea to just make it 100% on fueling for all temps if you are datalogging and tuning the front cylinder (one less variable to overcome getting AFR's dialed in).

Ok it makes perfect sense how you came up with those voltage/afr numbers for you data. I need to find Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor data sheet and do the same.
    Thanks lowkey, you are helping fill in some major gaps here buddy.
    Not so much the sensor data but the controller data is what you need. Almost all WB's on the market use Bosch 4.2 - 4.9 or NGK sensor, it is how the controller reads the voltage in relation to AFR output that you want. Did you not get a datasheet to work off of?

I couldn't get the calculator on that link to work either but it has an example with the formula.

You can PM me your email and I'll email you my number if you want, it is much faster then on the forum.
    Last edited by lowkey; 03-15-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Go to ECM parameters, error mask. There you will find a way to disable O2 sensor. https://www.buelltooth.com/open-loop.html
    Last edited by outthere; 03-15-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Found it! I took my EEPROM and saved it with ECMSpy checked and unchecked for O2 off then loaded both into TunerproRT and had it check for differences in the EEPROM. Just need to put minimum RPM to enable O2 above the RPM limit of the bike so it never activates.TunerProRT-turn off O2.jpg
    Last edited by lowkey; 03-15-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Go to ECM parameters, error mask. There you will find a way to disable O2 sensor. https://www.buelltooth.com/open-loop.html
    The error mask isn't turning off the O2 sensor just stops the flag from triggering the ECM. You can do the same procedure to turn off the O2 sensor in ECMDroid as the screen grab I posted above for TunerProRT. ECM Perameters>O2 setup>Minimum RPM>set above Motor RPM limit.

thanks. My first foray into ECM tuning.

Be wary of the info on that site, I read through the link to the end you posted and there is bad info IMO... Read/save and reread/referance the ECMSpy MONO tuning guide, it will answer everything you come across! I linked it in this thread a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    I use ECMDroid to datalog. I will have to find how I was turning the O2 sensor on and off for the ECM to adjust off of. I just looked in ECMDroid but the option is grayed out. In old version of ECMSpy there is a check box to turn it off or on. I had a look through TunerProRT and cant find it. While I was digging for it I found a table for front cylinder correction which is interesting, looks like 2% is added at normal operating temperature and goes up from there. Probably a good idea to just make it 100% on fueling for all temps if you are datalogging and tuning the front cylinder (one less variable to overcome getting AFR's dialed in).

Not so much the sensor data but the controller data is what you need. Almost all WB's on the market use Bosch 4.2 - 4.9 or NGK sensor, it is how the controller reads the voltage in relation to AFR output that you want. Did you not get a datasheet to work off of?

I couldn't get the calculator on that link to work either but it has an example with the formula.

You can PM me your email and I'll email you my number if you want, it is much faster then on the forum.
    No never did get any data off of that controller or the sensor. Might have to contact 14point7 and see what they have to say.
    How did you rig your WB?
    Thanks for finding how to lock out the closed loop. Very clever lol, makes sense, just se the RPM way above bikes rev limit.

And I'm going to send you my email.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Be wary of the info on that site, I read through the link to the end you posted and there is bad info IMO... Read/save and reread/referance the ECMSpy MONO tuning guide, it will answer everything you come across! I linked it in this thread a couple pages back.
    It has been my experience that the guy running it has very lackluster attitude towards a costumer that has difficulties with his product.
    Last edited by cossack84; 03-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Hey Cossack84,
    Sorry for the delay but for what it's worth here is my acceleration table...Attachment 11326
    Thanks! looks like we have same setting, wonder if you have a complete stock map from factory and see what it looks like?
    Also maybe lowkey has a way to compare his acceleration table to a stock map?

No never did get any data off of that controller or the sensor. Might have to contact 14point7 and see what they have to say.
    How did you rig your WB?
    Thanks for finding how to lock out the closed loop. Very clever lol, makes sense, just se the RPM way above bikes rev limit.
    Hook up the sensor and pull it out of the header, what AFR and voltage reading do you get? If it reads max lean AFR and 0 volts you will need to track down the data if it reads max AFR but has a voltage percentage I think you could take that as the flat line point in the linear line, do the same in a propane rich cup with the sensor in it to find the voltage point on the other end of the AFR rich spectrum. I would contact for the chart to double check the data works exactly right though to be sure.

My setup is the gauge mounted to the handlebar as I posted then feed the bulk of the harness into the airbox and zip tie it to the filter cover then feed the wiring harness along the engine harness under the seat. The O2 sensor comes back out the airbox and gets zip tied to the clutch cable bracket on the right side near the front engine mount and into either the front or rear header pipe. The WB signal wire has good length and feeds from under the seat over the shock area into a cutout in the frame then plugs into the stock ECM harness plug for rear O2 sensor.

I can compare the enrichment tables of stock VS race EEPROM and take a screen shot.

Yawn

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast