Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECM Droid on an Amazon Fire question

ECM Droid on an Amazon Fire question

Has anyone got ECMDroid to work on an Amazon Fire tablet? It's Android with a twist. I successfully got the ECM Droid App to download by installing Google Playstore, (no easy task on an Amazon Fire), but finding and opening the files has got me stumped. I'm paired and can do "Active Tests", but finding the xpr files and opening them has me clueless. I can't seem to find any software to open xpr files either. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by jl551c; 03-20-2019 at 01:02 AM. Reason: misspelled word

I had to download ES file explorer on my Android phone just to help navigate and find stuff easier. Not sure it it will work on Amazon Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    I had to download ES file explorer on my Android phone just to help navigate and find stuff easier. Not sure it it will work on Amazon Fire.
    I'll try that.....thx

I use an Android burner phone I got for free from AT&T when I renewed my contract. No SIM card, no contract, no cost. Works with WiFi for Pandora, E-mail, and even calls. Perfect for diagnosis or datalogging, I put it in my saddle bags on trips with maps in my e-mail JIC. I wouldn't build fuel tables with the small screen, but thats not what ECMDroid is for either.

I tried a cheap tablet (with ES file explorer) just for the garage with ECMDroid, and honestly the frustration with the clunky interface wasn't worth it. I'm an apple guy so I'm used to easy

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I tried a cheap tablet (with ES file explorer) just for the garage with ECMDroid, and honestly the frustration with the clunky interface wasn't worth it. I'm an apple guy so I'm used to easy

YMMV
    Same here.
    I got a Lenovo tablet. Big upgrade from the palm w/ ECM spy I was using, non wirelessly of course.

I'm an Apple guy too and am used to easy. I tried ES File Explorer with no joy. I just can't find where I saved my ORIG file, nor can I open the new Race Muffler file. I'm starting to think that this Amazon Fire is incompatible.

Well, after a few hours of head scratching I did get the Race Muffler file loaded onto my ECM. Thank you for the tips. I'm not familiar with Droids and I think navigation on an Amazon Fire must be slightly different in terminology. One good thing about the Amazon is that it's a rather large tablet, so it's good for viewing. It was the first few steps that had me stumped. For posterity and Amazon Fire users here's a post on how I got it burned.

Download and open ES File Explorer. ES File Explorer is found on Google Play store. Since Amazon Fire is an Android device and does not support Google Play Store you'll need to download Google Play Store following the steps found at this website: https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/
    After opening ES File Explorer Click on: The very top left icon / Device / Storage / Emulated / Legacy / Android / data / org.ecmdroid / files / eprom. Now your files will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    I'll try that.....thx

^^^ Excellent video. I wish I had seen this before all the head scratching. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    I'm an Apple guy too and am used to easy. I tried ES File Explorer with no joy. I just can't find where I saved my ORIG file, nor can I open the new Race Muffler file. I'm starting to think that this Amazon Fire is incompatible.

LMAO. when I first got my tablet I felt like I was trying to write with the wrong hand. Once you get the hang of it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast