Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COMPLETE XB fuel pump service kit-any board member interest???

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Hey, no prob
    I like contributing to the community with more than my keyboard antics whenever I can.
    It won’t be till next weekend that I have a chance to fab a puller tool.
    Don’t expect too much! However, it will be functional.
    Thanks Chickn! Maybe you can share your plans for the puller, that way we don't have to ship it all over hell's half acre. Or make two and I'll buy one from you.

Your are good man John.

John-Replaced the pump last year however I own two Buell's. Pump in the 2nd bike is still going strong but when it fails I'll definitely get its replacement from you!.

Inactive
    thanks much for that JOSH!

sounds good ED and i'll post up pics...parts inventory....shipping weight.....and total cost when kits are ready to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    Thanks Chickn! Maybe you can share your plans for the puller, that way we don't have to ship it all over hell's half acre. Or make two and I'll buy one from you.
    It will be very similar to the tool shown in the service manual. Only it will be made from whatever scrap metal I can find in my garage.

And no need to pay me. I’ll ship one or two to whoever wants it. Only thing it will really cost me is a little time and a little pocket change. No big deal.

I’ll give you guys an update next weekend.

And again John, thank you for doing the annoying and tedious leg work required to find the parts! Absolutely appreciated!

You can put me on the list, thanking you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    i do and i don't. putting together a full COMPLETE kit with every single part required is a daunting task and i won't have this project completed till early next month. factory supply of several critical components has dried up and NLA so i am trying to source elsewhere. however if it's PO789.KA (fuel level sensor) that you need i keep plenty in stock.
    PS-constant low fuel level dash light is combo of faulty sensor and loose ground screw on housing.
    Thanks a bunch. You're help is very appreciated. I think for this erroneous low fuel light it could well be one or both of the two things you mentioned. Since I'll already have the pump pulled, any else besides the filter that I should change?

Inactive
    Thanks a bunch. You're help is very appreciated. I think for this erroneous low fuel light it could well be one or both of the two things you mentioned. Since I'll already have the pump pulled, any else besides the filter that I should change?

sure thing ward. the level sensor part # is P0789.KA infinite amount in supply chain but special order/non-stocked at most dealerships. retail around $14 last i checked.
    if the pump is working fine and the inlet filter sock looks ok.....other than a thorough cleaning i wouldn't disturb anything other than simply replacing the outlet filter which is the shiny metal long one on outlet side of pump. i also keep them in stock OR if you want to pick one up locally the cross-overs are:
    PUROLATOR----F29160
    AUTOZONE-----FF3330DL
    WIX-----------33095
    FRAM----------G3606(i'm not a big fan of any fram products)

NOTE: i never EVER reinstall a pump without replacing and lightly lubing the housing O-rings. cheap insurance against future leaks and a real PITA to remove the pump a 2nd time if it's leaking fuel. i keep the housing O-rings in stock. OEM 1/2 price retail to board members.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 03-23-2019 at 05:10 PM.

sounds good ED and i'll post up pics...parts inventory....shipping weight.....and total cost when kits are ready to ship.
    Hey John -- New marching orders from "She who Must be Obeyed". When John gets the kits together buy one and put it on the shelf. Now we musen't upset the Female Supervisor so let me know when they're ready to go. Thanks, Ed

sure thing ward. the level sensor part # is P0789.KA infinite amount in supply chain but special order/non-stocked at most dealerships. retail around $14 last i checked.
    if the pump is working fine and the inlet filter sock looks ok.....other than a thorough cleaning i wouldn't disturb anything other than simply replacing the outlet filter which is the shiny metal long one on outlet side of pump. i also keep them in stock OR if you want to pick one up locally the cross-overs are:
    PUROLATOR----F29160
    AUTOZONE-----FF3330DL
    WIX-----------33095
    FRAM----------G3606(i'm not a big fan of any fram products)

NOTE: i never EVER reinstall a pump without replacing and lightly lubing the housing O-rings. cheap insurance against future leaks and a real PITA to remove the pump a 2nd time if it's leaking fuel. i keep the housing O-rings in stock. OEM 1/2 price retail to board members.
    Cool, Ill order all from you as well as a new set of front brake pads if you have them. Also, this bike I'm working on for a friend has all the wrong screws holding in the plastics. Do you have a dozen or so of those Torx #27s?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast