Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Ulysses today?

What did you do with your Ulysses today?

We finally got some great weather last weekend for St. Patrick's Day here on the left coast. Rode an overnighter trip which totaled 450 miles on my 09 XT. Left Napa, Ca west to Highway 1. Passed through lots of cities including Petaluma (Washoe House Bar and Grill),
    San Francisco (via Golden Gate Bridge) Pacifica, Halfmoon Bay, Santa Cruz and stopped in Monterey for dinner and drinks! What an epic ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jd.hd.buelly.crzy View Post
    We finally got some great weather last weekend for St. Patrick's Day here on the left coast. Rode an overnighter trip which totaled 450 miles on my 09 XT. Left Napa, Ca west to Highway 1. Passed through lots of cities including Petaluma (Washoe House Bar and Grill),
    San Francisco (via Golden Gate Bridge) Pacifica, Halfmoon Bay, Santa Cruz and stopped in Monterey for dinner and drinks! What an epic ride!
    Pictures!!!!!!

I tried but on the mobile app it won't let me upload any pictures. Good times!

Today - My First Ride on my (new to me) '08 'T'. Fun bike - the PO had a rather 'sporty' exhaust put on, so I had a pretty good sound track, as well as a spirited ride to work.

Backfires a lot on engine braking. Need to see if that is a manifold leak, the tune, or just the pipe. Until then, I'll avoid engine braking...

Suspect intake manifold seals. Assuming that it has a stable fuel map. Spray a little quick-start on the manifold when idling. Don’t hold it too me but I believe backfire on deceleration is a lean condition

I second that..

Both my Buells do it, SS and a Ully, the SS now has Special Ops muffler and K & N air filter, the Ully is stock. I have tried to tune it out of the SS with a Buelltooth and a tune from them but, no luck, so I live with it.

Not an option on your 08, but I found a good tune and setting the idle as low as safely possible (hovering at 950-1000) eliminated the decel pop on my '07. My 04 pops a little, but I'm fairly certain it needs intake seals.

The SS is an 07, I'll try lowering the idle down and see what happens, I'll let you know if it works, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by jd.hd.buelly.crzy View Post
    My stomping grounds!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast