Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP today!

What year was that, jl551c? I also saw Nicky at Laguna Seca...it was 2013 when he was racing for Ducati with Dovizioso. Both Nicky and Dovi signed a Vanson hat that i had with me...hanging in my garage now. Definitely a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    What year was that, jl551c? I also saw Nicky at Laguna Seca...it was 2013 when he was racing for Ducati with Dovizioso. Both Nicky and Dovi signed a Vanson hat that i had with me...hanging in my garage now. Definitely a big loss.
    2011, (geez, where does time go?) Funny, I still have my Paddock Pass hanging on a garage wall.
    IMG_2931.jpg

One of my favorite memories of Launa was standing at the bottom of the corkscrew in 2002 and listening to Bayliss beat the piss out of that Ducati coming down the hill, followed by Edwards and Corser on the big twins, then a few seconds later all the 4cyl machinery would come through.

Of course we had to go in 05 when GP came back to the states, I flew out and my buddies from LA drove up. We tried to agree on a restaurant on Cannery Row on Saturday night but one of my friends was dead set against seafood of any kind. Sunday after the races they drove back, my flight didn't leave until Monday, so I wondered back into Cannery Row and found mostly a ghost town but wanted to try Isabellas Italian Seafood Restaurant. It looked closed but there was a Korean guy standing at the door with an apron, I asked if they were even still open. "For you sir, I have the best seat in the house", and he took me past the main restaurant that had maybe 3 people in it, upstairs to an empty room with large glass windows overlooking the bay, seats me in the corner with the best view. I order and am just enjoying the quiet when some older Japanese gentlemen with Honda shirts come in. Then some Japanese gentlemen with Bridgestone shirts. Slowly more of a moto looking crowd arrives. Holy crap, its Livio Suppo and some of the Ducati guys, later Jeremy Burgess shows up with the Yamaha crowd, but no riders. As I'm finishing my meal Rossi walks in with a handful of others and they sit at the table next to me and wait for the staff to put a couple more tables together. All I could manage was a handshake and a "dude you're awesome".

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    One of my favorite memories of Launa was standing at the bottom of the corkscrew in 2002 and listening to Bayliss beat the piss out of that Ducati coming down the hill, followed by Edwards and Corser on the big twins, then a few seconds later all the 4cyl machinery would come through.

Of course we had to go in 05 when GP came back to the states, I flew out and my buddies from LA drove up. We tried to agree on a restaurant on Cannery Row on Saturday night but one of my friends was dead set against seafood of any kind. Sunday after the races they drove back, my flight didn't leave until Monday, so I wondered back into Cannery Row and found mostly a ghost town but wanted to try Isabellas Italian Seafood Restaurant. It looked closed but there was a Korean guy standing at the door with an apron, I asked if they were even still open. "For you sir, I have the best seat in the house", and he took me past the main restaurant that had maybe 3 people in it, upstairs to an empty room with large glass windows overlooking the bay, seats me in the corner with the best view. I order and am just enjoying the quiet when some older Japanese gentlemen with Honda shirts come in. Then some Japanese gentlemen with Bridgestone shirts. Slowly more of a moto looking crowd arrives. Holy crap, its Livio Suppo and some of the Ducati guys, later Jeremy Burgess shows up with the Yamaha crowd, but no riders. As I'm finishing my meal Rossi walks in with a handful of others and they sit at the table next to me and wait for the staff to put a couple more tables together. All I could manage was a handshake and a "dude you're awesome".
    That's really cool. A few years back we had a member of Buellxb stop over at a restaurant around Laguna and he ran into Rossi eating there as well. He posted a real nice pic of him and Rossi and said Rossi was really cool about it.

"For too long I have languished with the people who look like unmade beds and live with the camels. I heard them dancing together at night.

Then I went to a place where Crutchlow fought five crocodiles. I think there were Mexican people there. And then there was that place where many people were fat, like sofas. Crutchlow had to fight a horse there. Poo-eegah told me the fat people ate all the crocodiles.

Now it is good to be back with my people. And both my fans. Look! I can see the two of them waving at me from the Curva Dry Sac. Ola, Manuelo! Ola, Isabella!"

Full article: https://www.bikeme.tv

In case you don't get the joke, its supposed to be Lorenzo corresponding with his team manager, Alberto Puig (also a ****-heel in his own right, the only man to ever talk smack about Nicky Hayden). Hammer and Butter refer to what Lorenzo used to have on his levers, on the clutch lever was "butter" and on the other "hammer". And I guess at some point he referred to himself as a snake or mamba or something or other. The ones from last year where Lorenzo is supposedly corresponding with Gigi Dall Inga were better, IMO.

OK, stories... Years and years ago I lived next door to Travis P. He mowed our lawn. Don't remember which year but it must have been 2000 or 01 cuz I had an RC51. I loved going to Daytona for the 200. They also had Moto/supercross during bike week. I found Nicky in the pits and was checking out his race bike. Nicky was real friendly and so I took him over to Travis' trailer and introduced them. They were thrilled to meet each other and worshiped each other's career and such. Those two are still my hero.

This weekend is Jerez
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Rookie rider on satellite bike on pole? Going to be weird!

Yamaha does not do well on this track. I hope Rossi can pull something out of his Dr's bag tomorrow.

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12