Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buelltooth Mufflers

No worries... Just blabbing my opinions

Not to argue with all the reasons not to use the muffler as a jacking point but I was on the Drummer website (again) and he does claim you can still use his muffler for jacking. The bike. Off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Gas and oil will be fine for up to 2 years:
    I think you've been sniffing that 2 year old gas. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    *Importantly though, I don't believe you can use the jack points on the Drummer anyway? You'd have to ask Kevin, but theres no longer any support inside it, just a screen to wrap padding around. I don't know any aftermarket muffler you can jack it up on if that's your priority... you might be looking for a factory Buell "Race muffler".
    I think you may be OK jacking up one of his steel "converted from stock" mufflers.

Unless you were able to lift by the endcaps on the SS one, I imagine you could do it in a pinch, if you're in "fix it or die Montana".... but I wouldn't do it.

I'd do it too if i had too, and by the end cap is plenty strong enough IMO. Just saying I had the converted-from-stock one apart and the OE interior bracing thats at the arrow 'jack here' point at the front is all gutted, leaving the oval tube only. YMMV.

MMMM hmmmm 34:19, The smell of varnished gas always reminds me of starting a brand new project and makes me sleepy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12